Quitting Cigarettes

I quit smoking 4 years ago. It’s possible!

Good luck in your attempt. But I would try to quit with gum or patches instead of vaping. Vaping is unhealthy too.

1 Like

Good job!

I start vaping yesterday

1 Like

The first month is the worst, especially the first couple weeks. After about 6 months it got a lot easier.

1 Like

I quit by just taking a few puffs off the cig instead of smoking the whole thing.

1 Like

I quit using Nicorette gum. I cut down a lot and then I stopped smoking altogether. I started the Nicorette gum when I stopped altogether. You have to be absolutely determined to quit. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve tried this before, but I end up smoking a little bit more a short while later, then again and again. I do smoke halves more now, but not just a few puffs.

1 Like

It’s all about the buddy system
Find a friend and try the quit with him or her :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:joy:

No, I won’t be doing that. I’m not a social person.

My dogs don’t smoke tho, so maybe I can try to take some inspiration from them.

Good for you! You’re gonna do this. You seem determined.

1 Like

Good luck. Its better cold turkey but if you can’t nothing wrong with vaping, its much better than smoking according to studies. I was never a smoker and always hated smoking but I vape because of my severe negatives as I have nothing to do. I only vape when I am in my room and not gaming though.

1 Like

I smoked cigarettes and vaped. What got me to quit was finding Three nodules on my lungs. It scared me into quitting. Smoking caused my dad’s heart attack. He is no longer with us. I really hope you stop smoking. I know it’s not easy because I tripped up many times.

2 Likes

I hear vaping isn’t as bad as smoking so good for you! I hear it’s easy to slowly cut down on the nicotine content until you’re at 0 then just stop all together but that’s if you want.

2 Likes

Yea, I couldn’t do it cold turkey, my hands have to be busy somehow. I don’t think I’d be able to handle the constant ruminating, irritability, and restlessness without something

2 Likes

I already have heart problems which make me more determined to quit. I don’t want to leave my dogs early. They’d have no one.

2 Likes

I probably won’t quit vaping tbh, I’m too addicted to the act of smoking, but cigs I’m ready to let go of, which is a huge enough step.

1 Like

That’s okay, at least it’s healthier

1 Like

I got off cigs here over a decade ago because on a disability payment the darned things were going up so much. Can relate. Our smokes are taxed to hell and currently run at about $25-$30 for 20 smokes give or take…

I never really could do it without some help though. Nicotine replacement was horrible. I’d get to 3pm and smoke half a packet in an hour…my body loved that nicotine. I’d break up butts and smoke them in a water pipe…I was a horrible nicotine slave…Champix/Chantix.

Doesn’t work for all and I got a little sick in the stomach but got two weeks in and just gave up smokes and gave up champix. It worked. It was easy and I was done!

1 Like

Ill try and quit with u

1 Like

You did not get in trouble for that. What happened was a few members got tired of reading about it every month or so and complained. Don’t frame it like we punished you.

@FatMama, did you quit?
I saw your post a month ago…

1 Like