Quitting cigarettes?

Have any of you quit smoking cigarettes? How’d you do it?

Obama helped me do it. I used to smoke regular cigarettes then went over to kretek (clove cigarettes). When Obama banned their sale in the US I just quit because I didn’t want to go back to regular cigs.

So my advice is keep reminding yourself how nasty they are if you really think about it.

3 Likes

well, I started back after being quit for almost eight months…this is day one for me…I’ve been trying to stop for about a week now but now I am out of money so this will probably stick to the quit this time. It’s tricky…if I had my quit of choice I would buy the nicotine gum…works every time for me.

2 Likes

I was a chain smoker - up to 2 packs a day, sometimes more.
This went on for years till one day I couldn’t take it anymore and decided to quit cold turkey.
I’m cigarette free for years now and feel better about it.

The key is to drink lots of water while you quit, it helps flush the toxins out of your body.
It gets better after a couple of months.

If I can do it, anyone can.

4 Likes

It took me 6 months of trying to cut back and quit everyday, but finally it stuck. Helps if you throw out all lighters and matches too and be sure to busy yourself doing something else, something better.

2 Likes

Like starting, it is a matter of getting used to it, initially it is hard and then you start to get repulsed by them…
I would also try to use the negatives, think about the effort, buying cigarettes, taking it out, lighting it…

2 Likes

Wellbutrin. Within a ten days you gonna start to feel sick around cigarettes.

1 Like

I quit cold turkey. It was surprisingly easier than I was expecting, though far from actually being easy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.