Question- should you shampoo beards?

Mine is getting long now and I feel I should shampoo it. Maybe even conditioner. It seems a lot drier than head hair

4 Likes

I do. So I think you should…

2 Likes

I’m not a man, but I if I were I would shampoo it.

4 Likes

I believe they make special beard conditioner for it. It’s much coarser than head hair, and needs different care. You can order it online, and they probably have it at the store. I know all this from my extensive beard research, of course.

7 Likes

I was actually gonna @ you in the original post lol!

1 Like

My beard just doesn’t grow that fast. But it looks decent :ok_hand:

1 Like

Mine is a slow grower too

1 Like

I think @rogueone was probably the owner of the best beard of the forum. Him or @Om_Sadasiva

6 Likes

This is the one my friend uses. His beard is about six inches long

1 Like

Yes you should shampoo your beard.
I just use use regular shampoo.

Conditioners are optional :smile:

3 Likes

I also use regular shampoo

1 Like
1 Like

nah dawg you gotta put dirt in it

1 Like

There are soaps made for using specifically for the beard and tend to be more natural and moisturising than regular soaps. Facial soaps will often leave hard to rinse out residue, or can be overly drying.

Shampoo, in a small amount, would be better for a longer or thick beard. Shampoo is usually non drying and it is best to use one with some light conditioning included. You may want to check on the fragrance, as many shampoos have a strong smell which will not be desired on one’s face. Think strawberry, vanilla, and perfumes. Or go Organic.

Baby shampoos along with occasional condioners also work very well! I don’t have a beard or moustache myself lol, but I hope this info will help you.

1 Like

My husband has a long beard and he shampoos every three days with Head and Shoulders. He also uses Canadian Redneck beard oil to condition his skin.

2 Likes

With a beard, you really need to change a car tire and use all the dirt, sweat, and grease from that to shape your beard. :crazy_face:

(J/k)

I use Dial soap in my beard. It seems to help keep my skin underneath it moisturized.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.