Question if there is more to psychosis than just Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders, and if mental, behavioral or neurodevelopmental disorders can include psychotic features if it is severe

What if is there to more psychosis than just Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders, don’t all mental, behavioral or neurodevelopmental disorders psychotic features if it is severe?

1 Like

yeah. schizophrenia is more than psychosis.

1 Like

i think psychosis is to schizophrenia as a sore knee is to lupus. psychosis is ONE of the symptoms of schizophrenia but there are many more. a joint problem is ONE of the symptoms of lupus but there are many more. or psychosis is to schizophrenia as a stuff nose is to the flu.

1 Like

There are many roads that lead to sz.

For me it was being lied to and trying to reach ego death while being bullied. My “self” was shattered on the way and here I am, a person with sz.

2 Likes

Personally, I believe mine was caused by bad pot (skunk weed). It was only a gram or so but I smoked it in a bong back in 2011 along with 20x+ Salvia in my room alone. I don’t know, but I suspect Salvia is worse, but based on my delusions and belief systems, my schizo-affective disorder – bipolar type was caused by marijuana and I developed psychosis that waxed and waned and eventually consumed me in the long run.

At first it was substance induced psychosis, but it never went away. I developed dissociation that convinced me that I was in a simulation, not the matrix. It looked like a freaking hologram.

I also have time travel delusions and convinced myself I was subjected to Mk-Ultra (Monarch) in my past lives or parallel universes, and everything is quantum and nonlinear. My memories feel real to me as does the trauma of my past lives. I also believe in aliens and the Illuminati, I guess…

I believe time and space is just an illusion, really. I have gotten worse over the years. Only thing that went away or improved was my dissociation or sensory hallucinations or distortions or illusions.

Sometimes, I think the aliens, government, and Illuminati are cloning people too.

2 Likes

It’s a progressive disease, I suppose, at least in my case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.