4 Likes

Thanks very much !

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, the pound sign is correct!

2 Likes

Both. It’s a symbol for “#hashtag”.

Or on our telephone keypad it is the pound sign.

4 Likes

That’s kinda why I was wondering. Here we call it “hash” so “#” would be hash tag, and it makes sense. But twitter is American so I thought they’d be called pound tags.

1 Like

Yeah , I’ve heard it called “hash tag” for twitter so Nick is right. It’s both. I’ve never used twitter myself.

1 Like

No they go together. And it’s called #hashtag.

Actually there’s a third way to use it. It can be an abbreviation for “number”. If you are listing some things you can write “#1” or “#3” and that means “number one” or “number three”.

3 Likes

Hmm. . .

I Personally Don’t Call ‘#’ Anything. Because I Don’t Want To Freak It Out Ya’know?. It Isn’t Fair To Judge Symbols, Especially If They Have Done Nothing Wrong. Plus Symbols/Symbolism Has Lead Me Out Of Some Very Treacherously Dark Voids.

So. In Conclusion, Have A Great Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, And Or Night #

2 Likes

@ATARI, numbers and symbols aren’t sentient beings. So, I’m guessing you were joking? Or are you having positive symptoms?

2 Likes

Hmm?. . .

A Bit Of Both Perhaps. Although, I Am Usually Unaffected By The Medical Speak.

I Listen To Hearts More So Than Decay.

1 Like

It’s my version of a tic tac toe grid after some imbibing.

Jk!

Hashtag or pound symbol.

2 Likes

In Canada it’s pound unless referred to in a social media context, in which case it’s a hash.

Many of us found the #metoo hashtag unfortunate because we read it as:

Pound me too.

Ooops.

:flushed:

4 Likes

Aussie hash…Like isn’t that the thing…hashtag?

2 Likes

In Scandinavia we just call it square symbol.
Like if you call somewhere and they say “input your account number, followed by #” the bot always says Square

1 Like

The # is known as a hash here. Or it gets confused with our £ pound symbol!

1 Like

I read it as sharp…

3 Likes

You’re right. I’ve heard it called both.

In Dutch we call # hekje which means little fence. It looks a bit like a fence though.

1 Like