Schizophrenia.com

Question for the mods

I once had to swap out my Coca Cola logo avatar because it was actually triggering someone. I be like, DAFKKKK???

I was going to make my Clark Gable hold a Menorah for the season,

Since everyone is doing Santa Hats.

But thought it would be too much and against the rules.

Just saying, if I see any crosses or Jesus’s, I’m doing it!

2 Likes

I wanted to have my squirrel avatar holding someone else’s nuts for a change. Prolly also against some rule.

2 Likes

Oooooooof. Someone added a pasta collander to Scrat. Just realized it or my cache just refreshed.

Well played you magnificent bahhstids.

Well. Played.

4 Likes

Where do we as a forum stand on the hypnotoad?

2 Likes

1 Like

Satan -------- Santa Conspiracy abounds :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

I don’t see how having a religious avatar is not being supportive to others. Unless you mean it’s triggering to you to see a cross?

2 Likes

Fabonucci said santa is immune to covid

2 Likes

Because some people are very sensitive to all religious talk and images.

2 Likes

And because it creates conflict here.

1 Like

You are right. We don’t need conflict here. The whole season depresses people.

2 Likes

Santa might not be a religious symbol as such, but it is a strong cultural identifier of Christmas as it is celebrated by contemporary “cultural Christians”, whether they see themselves in this light or not. This sociological fact, while contested by many secular folks with Christian backgrounds, will be completely obvious to anyone from a non-Christian background - something already reflected in this thread. Personally I don’t have the slightest problem with santa hats, but maybe we’re being a little naive here.

1 Like

What you say is true but if it doesn’t trigger anyone or cause conflicts here I don’t see it as a problem.

1 Like

Neither do I, up to a point.

There are some who it will bother, immensely. Just because it doesn’t bother one and it doesn’t seem like a big deal doesn’t mean it won’t really bother another.

It’s my most hated holiday of the year. It was absolutely vile for me as a child and my wife’s parents have wrecked it for me as an adult. I like the blinky lights (which I think we should have all year as a matter of principle), but I refuse to associate the “holiday” with that sily religion. If I have to celebrate something, it’s Festivus and I say that despite being legitimately Jewish (I don’t do Hannukah, either).

Shall I change the thread title to “Arguing With the Mods”? :thinking: :grimacing:

All sarcasm aside, the forum guidelines are pretty clear on the religious posting issue. No amount of discussion will change this so I’m closing this thread.

2 Likes