Question for benzo users

Is it true that it is an NMDA antagonist? Does it mean that it cancels out Sarcosine?

What does NMDA mean?

1 Like

It’s a receptor in the brain that that is responsible for memory and learning. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Maybe, i was taking lorazepam 2,5 and I feelt worse my memory and concentration, but just a little.

2 Likes

It may dull sarcosines uplifting feeling but taking them together might actually help- it helped me. Sometimes klonopin makes me feel a little depressed and stuff and I took the sarcosine to feel more with it.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about it’s relation to NMDA I’m sure you could google it though. I know they increase GABA and I know long term regular use or abuse can cause serious memory issues.

2 Likes

I take Klonopin for anxiety and my memory is poor. I never thought about it could be the Klonopin.

2 Likes

I take Ativan for anxiety and my memory is terrible. I only take 20mgs spread out over the course of the month, I do have memory lapses for the time I’m actually on it. I’m trying to work on other ways to cope with the anxiety. I have no idea what NMDA is, sorry I’m even posting lol

1 Like

I take Klonipin as needed on a regular basis and my memory is awful. But, I need it for my terrible anxiety. Don’t know what else to do. Except don’t take the bedtime dose unless I absolutely have to. Only take it if I have to and that is it. If I’m not having anxiety or insomnia, don’t take it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.