Quantum Physics thread

You’re okay, I misunderstood

1 Like

How can we divide something, by nothing?

1 Like

Very cool. I got a bit lost near the end wen it said 1=2 is possible lmao.

But thanks :slight_smile:

It’s a good watch!!

1 Like

Black holes are fascinating.

2 Likes

What else is interesting in quantum physics?

2 Likes

Or even just physics…

1 Like

@Bowens could we retitle this thread with trigger warning in the front because I think it seems to be triggering for some people

Done
fifteencharacters.

2 Likes

I think blackholes are cool too. Reason being, what happens mathematically is that theres a lot of materials in essentially “nothing” thats why they say you’re diving by zero @Zoe

Edit. Now that i think about it. What youre dividing by could be a different material. In which case. Idk whats going on mathematically. Because they may not be complimentary materials so the physics maybe new

1 Like

Heres a question for science and mathematics enthusiasts.

“Is mathematics a part of nature or did we create it” :nerd_face:

1 Like

Nice question. Let me see what Google says lol.

1 Like

I dont think math is a natural phenomenon. Quantities and functions represent nonmathematical qualities that can be quantified. Math is just a really reduced picture of what is going on

2 Likes

I think its a coincidence that it maps so much of our world. Neither answer is correct( or both are correct ) for me

2 Likes

@Zoe what did google say? :nerd_face:

1 Like

I had a brief look but it’s a huge question it seems because so much stuff came up.

Will need to look again later, so that I can provide this thread with a good answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think maths is a discovery because we are describing what we perceive. In a way that makes sense to us.

2 Likes

M Theory. string theory. Or quantum field theory - is the idea that you can connect general relativity (gravity as a space and time graphical thing) to Quantum mechanics (probabilities of tiny object including a graviton which would be the connector the general realtivity)

(The so called theory of everything in orher words)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that @AppleKidd, the m in m theory stands for magic, matrix or mystery because it’s still a mystery

1 Like

What is a black hole made of?

Black holes are regions in space where an enormous amount of mass is packed into a tiny volume. This creates a gravitational pull so strong that not even light can escape. They are created when giant stars collapse, and perhaps by other methods that are still unknown.

[image]

https://news.uchicago.edu › explainer

Black holes, explained - UChicago News - The University of Chicago

1 Like

Good source @Zoe i had an ex friend who is at that university, except hes doing economics. But theyre a really rigourous and top standard education institute

If you dont mind me asking, what drove this thought for this thread - cos i love that it exist haha :laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like