Quantum computing breakthrough means Google could be very close to revealing revolutionary machine

I’m hard pressed to see your reason for describing them as a “bunch of psychopaths” .

That’s what you felt, and not what I did. I pointed out the flaws in your reasoning and how my opinion differs from yours.

That’s just a straw man, and you know it. Nowhere have I said that people without computers are unintelligent apes. It was you who made that comparison to begin with, in your previous post, not me. I think you’re being pretty sanctimonious and manipulative right now, trying to make it seem like I consider myself better than less fortunate people. All I said is that technology is what enabled humans to thrive and to develop advanced culture, and that all these things make for a better life. You don’t have to like me, and I don’t have to like you, but I’d appreciate it if you didn’t twist my words and make me look like a racist villain.

I’m excited about its applications, especially in medicine.

I’ll focus on cancer (because my mother is dying of cancer right now). This machine will not only have the capability of processing all cancer research in real time, but it will also be able to apply that information and generate its own research.

This machine will save lives by speeding up the process of finding a cure for cancer.

1 Like

You pointed out the faults in what YOU thought was my reasoning. Not in my actual reasoning. What you responded to was not what i said and not what i meant.

I only think more technology is not always progress, technology can help or harm. From all sorts of perspectives.

I read your words and tone as looking down on people and me, but perhaps i understood you wrong, i apologize. But in no way did i use this as a straw man, sanctimonious or manipulative even in the slightest and i do not understand why you see it as such or think i call ypu racist. I just responded to your words. You yourself equaled no technology with climbing trees and throwing poop and i think that is too black and white. I also think our culture is not more advanced or thriving better per se than those without tech. And people without technology arent always less fortunate than me.

Anyway. Lets stop this discussion. I do not like the argumentative tone of it and i dont think we will agree. I also think we are both misunderstanding eachother and responding to things the other didnt mean.

This is technology.

There are no people without technology. Hence the apes and poop. I’m fine with ending this conversation, but I haven’t changed my mind either about you or about this.

If THAT is technology to you, than we were talking about something completely different. And you know that. Even then, i think the world might benefit if we went back to apes and poop.

I did not change my mind either. I do not care whatever injust image of me you have made in your own mind without knowing me or knowing what i really meant. But i refuse to participate in a discussion where im being accused of all sorts of things that i didnt do or mean to do.

This is pretty worrisome for cryptocurrency, by the looks of it. Cryptos won’t have time to adjust their encryption to become quantum computer-proof before someone writes a quantum exploit, cracks the encryption and takes the lion’s share of currency for themselves.

It’s the equivalent of some Joe Schmoe cracking Apple’s bank account and transferring all the billions in cash reserves to themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.