Pushing the button. Need help

My mother is urging me to block ‘him’ on all social media because I keep worrying that he’ll message me either retaliation or suicide threats.

We’ve been peas in a pod for 5 years, and pushing that block button means saying goodbye and never looking back.

I don’t know if I’m ready, but I also don’t know why I don’t.

Despite everything, I don’t hate him.
My faith and trust in him is just broken beyond repair.

Anyone got some words of wisdom for me?
Hugs?
Headpats?

I’d be surprised if anyone had anything further to add to the advice we’ve given you about this guy over the years.

You refuse to listen.

This time I’m ready to.

If you were convinced only one person in the entire world cared about you, and that you’d fall apart without them, wouldn’t you too blind yourself to their flaws?

I feel like I’m waking up from a years long coma.

2 Likes

Really? Peas in a pod?

He’s abusive, takes your money, …you have a classic case of abuser and victim.

Stop letting him take advantage of you. He should be sitting in prison right now.

3 Likes

I dont know what has happened but you are worth more than this… why is he pressuring you with these kind of threats ? It sounds like manipulation but idk

1 Like

Do you still live together, or are you back home now? If you live with him still, you shouldn’t anger him until you are somewhere safe. If you are safe, then yes, you should block him. He will convince you to return to keep being abused if you give him any platform to speak to you again. He knows how to manipulate you. You will return if you let him talk to you again.

2 Likes

If people are offering you the resources to get out, then I say take them.

And then get into therapy.

In the end it’s really up to you how much you’re willing to fight for yourself.

I don’t like change either, but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and see what happens. If you’re anything like me, you’ll need therapy to help sustain you in the process.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

2 Likes

I took all necessary things when I left, and plan on finding a new place to stay before I return to greece

1 Like

Then go ahead and block him. You will be safer and happier. But are you sure you’re okay returning to Greece alone?

Blocking him is the wisest and healthiest thing you can do for yourself

1 Like

I’m a bit scared he’ll try to get me fired or show up at work to talk and refuse to leave me alone until we do.

But I don’t think he’ll physically hurt me.

Give yourself some space. Maintain a silence for some time and see how you feel afterwards. Then proceed with cutting him off for good.

Do you still work in the same place? You can always go to HR and report him if he harasses you, but that isn’t a foolproof plan.

Would it be cowardly of me to hand my sister my phone and ask her to block him for me?
Would there be something therapeutic for me to man up and do it myself?

I did it. I blocked him

2 Likes

Woo hoo :raised_hands: go @Pikasaur

1 Like

I am so amazed by your courage right now @Pikasaur. You are so brave!

1 Like

Thank you. I worry it may lead him to go to extreme measures to get my attention

Maybe it will. I hope not, but people usually escalate before they give up. Stay strong.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.