Purple blueberries' effect on obesity metabolics

…This one is from 2015 but merits taking note of…

I’ve started eating blueberries, blackberries or raspberries daily. There’s research that the purple colour anthocyanins in them completely reverse the metabolic effects of obesity in mice. The science is remarked on in a segement of this Australian science documentary about obesity. The berries are pretty cheap to buy when they come in frozen packages.

(link below starts playing at the anthocyanins segment)

ABC Science - ‘Why am I still fat?’

3 Likes

I’ve ordered some grape seed extract which is cheap enough to go with all my other supplements. :smiley:

It has got the OPCs.(Oligomeric Proanthoyanidin Complexes)

Buying blueberries, raspberries and blackcurrants is pricey in the uk.

1 Like

Doesn’t blackberry also have good antioxidants?

I love blackberries and blueberries by the way. I have them almost daily.

1 Like

“In addition to its antioxidant properties, grape seed extract has been shown to inhibit fat deposits and reduce the absorption of fat from our diets. With the energy boost it provides, the extract can pump up your metabolic rate, which helps you burn more calories.” https://www.herbalone.com/blog/5-great-benefits-of-grape-seed-extract/

1 Like

Yeah they are good, but I reckon to get enough anthocyanin would need copious amounts of it, I guess.

1 Like

I have a bowl of blueberries every day.
It’s a super food

1 Like

I gave my little dog some blueberries from the blueberry muffin I ate yesterday. Her doggie poops were blueberry-colored this morning. Sorry…TMI… :smile:

1 Like