Publishing a mathematics paper

I would like to publish a mathematics paper.

1 Like

Any particular topic?

I have a topic in mind, I’ve made a start. I have to copy up what I’ve written so far.

I’ve drafted my paper, I hope it’s correct, it is quite short at the moment. I need to copy it up and check it.

I say I’ve drafted my paper, in reality I have just written down the basic ideas. I’m getting too excited. I need to rest for a bit, then hopefully write the draft this evening. I’ve been working on this for years, but never published my results before.

So I kind of got stuck on a question today and didn’t have the mental energy to address it. I did make a few attempts, but as I said, I got stuck in how to express it properly. I want to frame it well and then maybe, if I’m still stuck as some other mathematicians what they think. I’m happy with my progress at expressing my ideas, but this block could be serious. Hopefully it will all work out. Thank you.

So I still need to consult with another mathematician, my question is too vague for math.stackexchange, so I’m going to ask a friend. I need to frame and write up my question in LaTeX and email it to him. Not sure when I will do this. Thank you.

1 Like

Made some progress on this today. Balancing creativity with study has been difficult for me.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re making headway. Good luck!

So I got past the mental block I had, starting to write it up formally, but need some sleep :frowning:

1 Like

I drew up a physics paper many years after I graduated and sent it to a math professor whom I could remember. He answered me, quite excited and said he sent it over to the physics department. I just gave it away. It was fun and I didn’t need money as I was on SSI.
I hope you find similar fulfillment.

1 Like

So I finally had a chat with my mathematician friend about what I’ve been writing. He said that he worried about me because he felt that I usually returned to this particular research project when I was crazy, in other words it was a sign that I was suffering from symptoms. He hadn’t read the email I sent him with what I had written up. He said that I should wait a week, re-read what I had written and if I still thought it was worth reading he would read it then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.