Psychotic Women kills her 8 kids , cannabis related!

1 Like

I’m sorry but I can’t touch anymore cannabis or hemp. With all the latest research coming out about cannabis psychosis… I’m done with anything cannabis related, including hemp.

2 Likes

my god this is horrible =(

I’ve never used cannabis before but my dad has. so has my brother and mom. my dad has said that he will never use cannabis again. not only for psychotic reasons but also because of his COPD. I laugh when people say cannabis isn’t addictive my brother is proof it is. he can’t go a day without smoking it or he acts like an asshat and treats my parents terribly until he can get some.

1 Like

Seeing as she stopped using cannabis for months before the incident, I don’t see any good reason for linking this to cannabis. Cannabis may or may not have been a causal factor in her developing schizophrenia. It’s pure speculation. But her psychotic episode seems too severe to have been purely cannabis-related. I don’t think anyone with schizophrenia should smoke cannabis, but this seems like a far-fetched attempt to demonize cannabis use so that people will stop smoking it. I think such an attempt is more likely to stop people from listening to their doctors than it is to stop them from using drugs.

9 Likes

This is my type of schizophrenia without medications. The non-background type. I could have done something like this if I didn’t get on the right meds.

I simply can’t relate with all the silly UFO and mind reading stuff.

1 Like

Not everyone with schizophrenia has cannabis psychosis, but I believe cannabis psychosis is real.

It’s a gene certain people have that’s causes cannabis psychosis. It’s called DISC-1. I read about it from this site.

4 Likes

Did you have apocalyptic delusions like this woman? Don’t answer if you don’t want to.

It’s a terrible story, I wonder if anyone tried to get her help. Sounds like it came on rather suddenly.

1 Like

Damn, schizophrenia ain’t no joke no wonder the stigma is so bad.

2 Likes

Why is it the spirit world demands violence of people. Back in the day they would sacrifice ppl to gods, wonder if it’s something engrained in us.

That’s an incredibly sad story. Don’t have much else to say.

bah cannibus didn’t do it…it was her schizophrenia.

Yes, I had those types of delusions, that I had to sacrifice people or animals in order to stop myself from becoming unrestrainedly violent. I was convinced that I had to commit acts of extreme violence in order to stop certain destruction of the world as we know it. I was only psychotic 3 days before I ended up in the hospital, during that time I could have harmed or even murdered a family member or myself.

I’m very glad you were able to get help before things went even more pear-shaped.

1 Like

I guess some people are diagnosed earlier or later in the course of illness when things have mellowed out. I have yet to see a mellowing out, this June I’ve been sz for 2 years, so I guess I’m still in the relatively recent onset acute phase. I need a bunch of medication to cope.

1 Like

I hate having schizophrenia. If I had a gun I’d most likely shoot myself.

2 Likes

When I have my acute episodes I think about mutilating myself in other ways. A bullet to the brain is a merciful death compared to carving up and cutting off stuff. I read an article about a guy who blinded himself in his one eye because of a religious delusion then later on pulled out his other eye and ate it because voices told him to.

Sadly these type of tragedies are the first thing that come to mind when the average person hears the word schizophrenia.

2 Likes

ha…you been reading my diary huh… I had a spoon and a guitar string jammed in my eye socket… watching myself in 3rd person… right before the eyeball popped out I gained control of my right hand which had a very large blade…i sliced my left hand from thumb to pinky to the bone… I would have gained all the wisdom of the all father odin… but instead I bleed for my broken promise… I never had violent urges against others though im only a danger to myself… I would have ate part of the eye ball and threw the rest into flames… I would look badass with 1 eye though…lol its funny now but that ■■■■ was one eye serious at the time…

1 Like

Here is the story: http://www.salon.com/2013/02/25/a_schizophrenic_who_gouged_out_his_eyes_is_on_texas_death_row/