Psychotherapy in Russia

I heard on tv that the Russians give massive doses of Haldol to their mental patients. One of them said, “How do you think you would feel after five viols of Haldol?” Forty milligrams of Haldol a day were enough to put me into a near vegetative state.

3 Likes

Haldol is a blunt tool for me

It is sheer misery. I can’t imagine taking five viols of it.

I was only on 15mg and it wasn’t like a tired sedating, but it literally just numbed me completely

1 Like

Back when they first diagnosed me I was on Haldol, but I usually “cheeked it” and spit it out later. I did not like it. Of course, I was resistant to all Antipsychotics at that point.

2 Likes

It gives me the most ■■■■■■ up feeling. First I will try to get rid of the feeling by walking back and forth, but that doesn’t get rid of it, then I’ll try sitting down to get rid of the feeling, but it doesn’t go away. Then I’ll want to lay down, but that does not help too. I spend the whole day trying to get that ■■■■■■ up feeling out of my head.

1 Like

How much is a viol? I never heard that unit of measurement before.

Yow, I’ve cheeked it too. They often check on that though.

1 Like

I don’t know, but it sounds like enough to hold a hellish dose of Haldol. I’m afraid that when I get really old I will go to a medicaid/medicare nursing home, where I will be treated with Haldol, and not Geodon and Seroquel. I don’t know how I am going to get out of that.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s cheap, so I wouldn’t be surprised. People like cheap. But maybe our antipsychotics will be old and cheaper by then.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping.

2 Likes

40 mg of Haldol is a comparable dose to 80 mg Clopixol by mouth. When I was on my worst I took 300 mg Clopixol a week the same as 75 mg Clopixol by mouth. Besides of that I took 240 mg of Ziprasidone. I was on that dose for 4 years. I took all those meds by my own free will because I understood that my psychosis was so dangerous that less wouldn’t do.
Now
I’m on a tiny baby dose of
300’mg qutiapine by mouth
160 mg ziprasidone by mouth
And 500 mg Clopixol depo compares to 40!mg Clopixol by mouth

500’mg Clopixol every 3 week.

I’m on 800 quetiapine daily and 160 ziprasidone daily. I don’t think I would want to try lowering the dose.

Crimby I understand your opinion towards using the older class of meds they are afterall only reserved for the most treatment resistant population whom had no luck on the newer meds:

1 Like

I think they should be reserved only for physically violent patients. Those med’s are just too debilitating and inhumane to use on people who are just being obnoxious.

1 Like

It’s not really a med. It is a method whose only purpose is to render an upset patient into a near comatose state.

1 Like

I must admit to you that being on 300 mg Clopixol weekly was pure hell but it was necessary for me to be on that dose because a I some very unpleasant intruitive thoughts. But 500 mg Clopixol every 3 week suite me perfectly. Convention are according my personal opinion first torture when they are prescribed in exess.

I think it is a Russianism, like we might use the word “glass”, but it doesn’t take much Haldol to make a person feel really rotten. Five of anything would be horrible.

1 Like

Source? The news/tv source