Psychosis spectrum

This site should be call psychosisspectrum.com since it includes anyone with psychosis.

The forum we are on? Not everyone is schizophrenic?!

No. It’s for anyone who has experienced psychosis

Oh ok. Thank you for explaining.

1 Like

I’ve been diagnosed with sz and sza but my newer doctor thinks I have bipolar…so things can change.

2 Likes

Yeah, diagnoses change a lot. I’ve been diagnosed with nearly every psychiatric psycotic disorder. Right now they think it’s sza bipolar type, however this will likely change since I’ve never been manic or hypomanic. My only mood episodes have only ever been depressive. I think they’re not sure if it’s a psychotic disorder with mood symptoms, or a mood disorder with psychotic symptoms. They’re leaning towards psychotic disorder with mood symptoms due to the fact that my psychotic symptoms are continuous whether my mood is stable or not.

1 Like

I don’t think or noticed if I ever had mania. I had hypomania for years from caffeine. Maybe it was before my illness. I’m mostly depressed and burned out.

2 Likes

My mood is fine right now, but when things go south, I always get depressed. My psychotic symptoms led to depression in both mental health crises. The first time I was struggling with OCD symptoms as well. In fact I at one point had a fear of developing schizophrenia. I never knew that internal voices were hallucinations. I thought they were part of OCD, but that not being the case explains why people kept asking me if I was hearing voices. Caffeine gave you hypomania huh? That sucks, but it’s okay. They make a bunch of drinks that don’t have caffeine in them so you can drink those. Also, I’m sorry your illness makes you depressed and burned out. That’s no fun. I hope you catch a break at some point.

2 Likes

The truth is diagnosis is an inexact thing. Sometimes symptoms ebb and flow over the course of time . Also a lot depends on whether the person assessing you subjectively thinks a symptom reaches a clinically significant level. Then there is the issue of subjectively seeing some symptoms as being more relevant than others.

2 Likes

Because I fluctuate between subtypes, I was diagnosed with undifferentiated schizophrenia by the last 2 pdocs

2 Likes