Psychosis or No?

I just got out of the hospital and was in this “slammer” for 7 days and nights. I was there for depression and suicidal ideation. While I was there, I was extremely paranoid of the nursing staff. I’m still paranoid. Or, just plain afraid. I can’t tell to this hour whether or not they were really all against me or not. An inpatient nurse told me she was going to have a “talk” with the staff re. their negative attitudes towards me. She really did! My only other clue is that my outpatient nurse told me that the hospital nurses gave me my Respirdal shot 4 days early. This outpatient nurse assures me that they were not all against me, but, I ask you, how would she possibly know? While in the hospital, I stayed in my room and hid from the patients and staff practically the entire time I was there, coming out only for meals and groups. And, I did not mind this self imposed seclusion. When I finally got out of this hellhole, I had to stop off at the eye clinic. There, I became extremely delusional re. every man that talked to me or passed in the halls. I won’t say what the delusions were. (You understand). It was so bad that I was even paranoid of the eye clinic staff. I felt they all hated my guts with a rabid passion. And my feelings re. them have not changed today. When I was in the hospital, my Dr. increased my Celexa and unintentionally somehow decreased my Geodon. The suicidal ideation disappeared but paranoia and delusions, no such luck. Question for you guys: Was this all psychosis or no?

1 Like

hi im sorry you went through that, itll take time sending hugs sorry you were so scared I would be too anybody would.

1 Like

**Sounds like it to me-but i am glad you made it through.
Maybe it takes a while for the meds to start working.
So sorry!

1 Like

sounds like psychosis. she knew because she used math. stastically its more likely your paranoid and scared

1 Like

the nurses were not against you, that was just your paranoia…
i have never been in hospital…i have avoided it so far…sorry you had to go through that.
take care

2 Likes

I don’t believe the nurses were against you. That is plain simple paranoia. I was in hospital for 6 months. I isolated in my room, the nurses forced me to go out of my room and interact with other patients.

1 Like

yes it was definitely psychosis. i’ve been through it and i know how you felt but it wasn’t real hunni. i don’t know what else to say to convince tbh but yes, you were definitely psychotic xxx

1 Like

it sounds quite likely it was. i hope you’re feeling better now.

IT was a manic and psychotic episode, you’re talking and don’t have permanent psychosis.

1 Like

Sorry you had to go through it, obviously yes. But you are doing good. After my last episode I spent almost 4 months before I was able to speak about it. Keep it up

3 Likes

Thank you very much everyone for your input!