Psychosis and self-awareness

I only have my experience to go by and from what I am learning about others, the voices can be so different for people in what they say and how they interact. That is an interesting possibility for some perhaps.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site @thewolf . Hope you find it useful

1 Like

Thank you to all who have and are contributing to this thread. :slight_smile: When it comes to hallucinations it crosses my mind that it’s more about the interpretations of them that can send people off on negative tangents. I welcome thoughts and opinions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s hard to believe that my positive symptoms - which range from silly to ludicrous - were so compelling to me in the past. I thought and felt it was all real. Now it’s more like, “Oh ■■■■, really?!? Did you just say that? LOL!”

Having insight is a wonderful thing.

5 Likes

That’s awesome you can just mostly ignore them. My friend is the same way. She just casually sees and hears things. It doesn’t freak her out anymore for the most part. I’ve never heard a clear voice. I think I heard a woman scream once. That was random. And sometimes I think I hear my parents whispering about me when I have a paranoia attack. But as far as the mean voices or commanding voices…I have never had that. Thankfully. I imagine I’d be scared shitless

4 Likes

If hallucinations are just discarded, (and I wouldn’t be surprised if many have experienced the odd unexplained visual sight/sound) then surely they aren’t having any negative effects. I can’t help but think it’s when we start investing/spending time and thought on such things that our imagination can take over, which in turn can possibly lead to distorted perceptions of reality etc. As always I welcome thoughts and opinions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My experience is that the more people with psychosis interact with their delusions and hallucinations, the sicker and more symptomatic they become. It’s a destructive positive feedback loop.

1 Like

Okay may I ask why my post has been snipped and taken out of context?

It’s a public forum, people respond to the portions of conversations how they want. That was the salient bit to me. Deal with it.

Thats what my barber says when the ladies hit on him. :crazy_face::sunglasses:

Sincerely Sir Level Master of the out of context arts :art:

I was aware of my state of mind not having my meds. I was anxious for four days til I got my effexor.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.