Psychology Today - The 3 Reasons We Can Get Jealous

A little jealousy in a romantic relationship is undoubtedly natural. Certainly each of us has felt an uncomfortable jealous twinge at some point in a relationship. We feel jealous in such moments because of our sense that a cherished connection we have with another person is threatened, and our fear that a loved one may find someone else to replace us. While most people experience jealousy on a very occasional and mild basis, others feel it to a pathological degree. For such extremely jealous individuals, their jealousy almost always leads to the end of relationships.

1 Like

I was never big on jealousy - I know that this is a major issue with many people - not for me so much

1 Like

I used to be bad when I was younger. It was my own insecurities that caused it.

2 Likes

I’ve been grappling with this one… It was pointed out to me in therapy that I’m jealous of my youngest brother for taking my kid sister’s time and attention away from me…

We’ve been working on this one…

The more I try to let that go… tell myself that my kid sis will still be there for me… trust that she has been and will be… and sort of change up my attitude and thinking…

those horrid dreams I’ve been fighting… having been letting go.

It’s also been helping me not be so angry at my youngest brother… so I’m a little more inclined to be more supportive.

1 Like

I don’t let magazines dictate to me how I should feel.

1 Like