Psychologists are useless

I dont talk to people enough so ive found them supportive. Sometimes their advice is helpful. But, its just like the psychiatrist, sometimes they help, sometimes they dont.

1 Like

I prefer talking to my nurse once every second week instead of going through therapy by a psychologist.

The nurse gives me an everyday, solid, guidance i can choose to ignore or listen to.

The psychologist treats me according to a scheme. And im a person, not a fault that needs to be repaired using a scheme.

2 Likes

Can you request a new therapist?

Like anything, there’s a lot of ‘average’ or ‘second rate’ ones. I’ve met a few of them. Can’t afford the good ones. The good ones I assume (goes for doctors too) are by the beaches and nice parts of California.

2 Likes

I have had very good experiences with psychologists and therapists, it’s the psychiatrists I seem to butt heads with

They’ve been arrogant and judgemental Pricks with me

2 Likes

For the past 25 years, I’ve had very excellent psych care by an amazing team of mental health professionals at a US Midwest VA hospital. Now, I hear that my new pdoc is going to be out of state and that she is going to be conducting all our appointments through videoconferencing. But I will still have to come into the clinic for the appointments. I think this totally sucks. I asked for a different pdoc.

2 Likes

I had a psychiatrist who yelled at me at the top of his lungs. I should have punched him in the face. It can be difficult I’ve been through many many case workers . The psychiatrists are not great here. It’s worth it to looking into better help. Got a nurse practitioner. Very kind and listens.

2 Likes

I tend to agree, just because i didnt make eye contact this therapist started saying i was unwell when the medication was doing its job and screamed at me, i dont even know how someone like her can be a therapist im not a fan of therapy since then.

2 Likes

Thats awful. Where abouts are you?
Im glad you didn’t attack him. It would have complicated your treatment.

2 Likes

That was 15 years ago.texas.

1 Like

I went through 6 mental health professionals with varying titles before I found the therapist that has helped me more than words can describe.

It’s unfortunate that there seem to be to many money hungry schmucks out there. I hope you’re able to find the right person soon.

1 Like

Hi, I would have to go to another clinic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.