Psychiatry vs sin

i believe in the way medications help us to cope with life and i believe that God put this medication in my hand so to speak as he works through people for the greater good,

the only thing is that i hope that some of the things in this article are just not true and i hope that this is not what most christians think,

i was talking to some people in my own congregation and i had told them that i take medicine and they were totally fine with it, saw no problem and actually one of the elders had a family member that has bipolar and takes medication. so i dont believe that this thinking is widespread.

sin though is a different story, i believe that we do not mean to sin but it happens anyway, whether or not that it causes mental illness is another thing completely,

i can see their point of view about sin though, its the way evil creeps in to our lives and brings us down
and i guess it could accumulate if there is nowhere for it to go.

think its really hard to believe sin actually exists but it is just another word for describing bad ■■■■ that has a negative impact on us and others.

the worst thing about the article is when it says we are all Junkies and says the drugs ‘stupify’ i think that is a bit harsh, some people say that they lower IQ but there are still a lot of smart people with this disease who take medication. and to call us Junkies is not fair bc we are only doing the same as say someone who has diabetes and need insulin or someone with epilepsy who takes meds, thats not fair

I’ve thought my whole life my illness was caused by sin. Somebody argued that my illness would of developed anyway. I guess it depends what you believe. But I know a lot of people that have never done anything wrong and are seriously ill. I believe God has a plan for you with the best intentions possible. Nobody deserves mental illness but everyone has special gifts.