Psychiatrist is a jerk

Does anyone have a doc who is a ■■■■■■■. Mine thinks his ■■■■ doesn’t stink. It’s his way or nothing. I don’t even want to see him. I am seeing him through the veterans hospital, so I’m kinda stuck with him.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this sort of thing in a psychiatric or psychological professional, occasionally:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/bill_gates_122131

" Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.

Bill Gates"

1 Like

Be glad you can afford a “doc”. Last head-doc I worked with would only diagnose healthy patients with schizophrenia for a bribe, to make them avoid criminal responsibility or conscription or whatever. Those who are actually mentally ill got written off as healthy, because they can’t pay the massive bribe. And they can’t both be diagnosed as sick because there is a limit to how many potential mental papients the government allocates.

There are exceptions. And those exceptions are overworked, because the word gets around that they are exceptions and honest, and the people reach out. So one still probably doesn’t get nowhere near attention required.

2 Likes

Wow. That sounds terrible. I don’t even want to ask what country you are talking about.

2 Likes

Blimey . I will never moan about my pdoc again lol.

Mind you - i see a different one everytime my med review is due. Currently on number 7 lol :smiley:

I would ask to see someone else if its possible. You can’t confide in someone you don’t trust.

He’s the only pcdoc for the program I’m in. He’s a horse’s ass.

That sucks!
Yeah I have two physiatrists I can talk to, and I don’t really like either of them. One of them kind of talks down to me and made me feel less human, the other just seems a bit like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s never made a mistake or anything, but its just he seems kinda preoccupied. I prefer the second one because at least I don’t feel insulted.

Yeah he talks to me as though I were a child. Just because they are a MD they think there ■■■■ doesn’t stink.

1 Like

I have had a jerk psychiatrist before, but I just left and found a new office. Sorry you’re stuck with him. You could try respectfully telling him you’d like to participate in your treatment plan though. But a lot of drs have a god complex so it may not go well, although I do think it’s worth a try

1 Like

Man never thought that Ukraine was that corrupted.

Africa is worse. I reference the blackest stains.

1 Like

I had a pdoc once who was rude to my husband and father in law once. I thought he was acting very arrogant.

Not really a jerk but he said that I make false connections and thoughts in my brain bcz of my sz. He was right but I felt it was like if he said that I am crazy or stupid.

If his a jerk, slap him with some beef jerky. Hell understand you then.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.