Psychiatrist appointment soon

We are going to discuss medication changes.

I briefly saw my psychiatrist today when I picked up some medication. She asked how I was and we chatted for a few minutes.

We need to discuss whether my gambling is due to the Aripiprazole or whether it’s post natal psychosis.

I’m open to other medications. Preferably an infection cos I hate taking pills. Problem is Aripiprazole has been such a good medication for me with few side effects I think I would prefer an older antipsychotic than a newer one and have weight gain and high prolactin.

My head is up my ass at the moment thinking about it. Of course we could always increase the Quetiapine I’m on if it’s post natal psychosis. Problem is I have a crying baby in the middle of the night that needs me and I don’t want to be too knocked out.

Anywho the sooner I see her the better I suppose.

3 Likes

Stay away from invega/risperidone if you dont want weight gain and prolactin

1 Like

Im on an old generation ap and have no weight gain or high prolactin. I have numbness though so its not perfect, emotionally numbed from clopixol

1 Like

I was on invega. Never again.

1 Like

Thats what Im on now for 7 years it sucks

1 Like

I had very bad “negative symptoms” on it. No enjoyment in anything. It was hell for me.

2 Likes

Lol yeah i live like that now

1 Like

Thats the way I am now I mostly just vape and stare at the walls lol

2 Likes

I can empathize with that. Will your doc not change it ? Mine wouldn’t change it. It only changed cos my prolactin was sky high and wouldn’t come down.

1 Like

I see him Thursday for annual check. Im scared of undesirable side effects on other meds like weight gain and heart problems so will probably put up with the no emotions instead like ive had for the past 5 years

1 Like

Anyway good luck i hope you do okay and don’t have post partum psychosis. Let us know your new med regime

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.