Psudohalucinations

Anyone suffer from these as you are trying to fall asleep at night?

These are called Hypnagogic Hallucinations.
They are Normal to have.

2 Likes

I have them too sometimes, family members that talk inside my head

1 Like

wait wait… false hallucinations… how does that work… im in the bathroom… I see a toilet …is that a psudohallucination…

2 Likes

Psuedohallucinations I think we established last year are “voices” you can’t “hear”. It seems like voices in side of you but you can’t actually hear them, you more think and feel them. This was my worst most unmanageable symptom off meds cuz I got them REALLY REALLY badly. From someone who experienced them real badly my theory is it’s just “disorganized thinking” where your thought process out of wack you think ten things at one time. So your mind tricks you to feel like you’re hearing voices, even if they’re not apparent voices coming from outside your head. Internal stimuli is another term used for these psuedohallucinations.

3 Likes

ahh… I had it once… it was the only time I had not my voice inside my head and we actually had a discussion which also doesn’t happen with my audibles… psudomindfu…ed

2 Likes

Interesting, what did they say? :slight_smile:

@anon9798425 I summon you with the power to read…and these are not the hobbits your looking for…

1 Like

No, that’s not what pseudohallucinations are. Pseudohallucinations are as vivid as real hallucinations, but are recognized not to be real. So voices you hear inside your head are pseudohallucinations if they sound exactly like real voices, but you recognize that they aren’t (maybe because they are internal and you realize that’s impossible for a real voice). Pseudohallucinations can be visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile, like normal hallucinations. The only difference is that you don’t believe they are real.

3 Likes

But if they seem real at the time isnt that dilusional.

Im so confused. Maybe im not sick.

ah then my visuals are 99% psudohallucinations… that last 1% is tricky…

1 Like

Frankly, I don’t see the point of labelling them as different than normal hallucinations. In my mind, a hallucination is a hallucination whether or not you have the insight to know that it’s not real. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Minnii was wrong :hushed::frowning::expressionless::neutral_face::no_mouth:

I get hypnogogic hallucinations all the time. Most of the time they aren’t scary, and I can often even influence what I’m seeing. The main thing is to stay calm, it keeps them from getting too freaky.

1 Like