PSA: Nail Tutorial

Hola peeps,

Hope all’s well your side :dizzy:

As we all know, SZ can make it really difficult to take care of oneself, and because of this illness, we sometimes let things fall to the wayside— personal grooming included.

With that being said, I wanted to post this easy nail tutorial for anyone who needs a little grooming pick-me-up— sometimes the simplest things can make us feel so much better.

So yea, for anyone interested in a simple nail technique, read on! :slightly_smiling_face:

———————————————————————

Yesterday, I wanted to go get my nails done, as I haven’t treated myself to a professional manicure in a while.

I wanted to do something special with my nails, and found this awesome look called a French Ombré:

However, I’ve been having tremendous social anxiety as of late, and was super nervous about the interaction I would be having with the nail tech.

…Sometimes it’s awkward sitting there while another person does all these things to your mitts :upside_down_face:.

So, I decided to take matters into my own hands (no pun intended :sweat_smile:):

Checked out some YouTube videos, as they usually have some really great makeup and nail tutorials, and I just so happened to find this one:

The lady in the video is awesome, and the tutorial itself is pretty easy to follow.

This is the “before”:

And this is the “after”:

The entire process took about 45 minutes, and you can literally do this while you’re chilling at home :blush:.

Also, the ombré effect isn’t limited to French manicure colors either; you can choose any color combination you want. Let your imagination be your guide— go wiiiild! :star_struck:

Hope this post inspires you to try something new with your nails and helps brighten your day— sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference :blush:.

Thanks for reading! :dizzy:

11 Likes

Wow. Your nails are beautiful! I agree about the self care; I’m going to treat myself to a pedicure next week.

2 Likes

Thanks @Pandy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oooh, pedicures are sooo nice— hope you enjoy the experience :slightly_smiling_face:.

…I should probably also get one at some point, but my toes are so awful right now that I need a pedicure before I actually go get a pedicure :rofl:.

3 Likes

Haha!! I totally get what you mean!!

1 Like

Did you made a whole thread about nails.

Wow, mad respect

2 Likes

Thanks @Schztuna, this is something I needed to research as getting married in April and I want glam nails on the day. I’m lucky in that my nails grow quite long and don’t split easily. I’ll definitely check this out!

3 Likes

Your getting married. Nice hehey cheers

2 Likes

I got married in May 2021 but I was lucky, I had a friend who paid over $100 for me to get really nice long acrylic nails professionally done

2 Likes

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials @anon44466342! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh wow, do you have any pics of your nails, I’d love to see!

Thanks guys :grin:

1 Like

It’s not the best pics but here they are!

3 Likes

I’ve never had my nails done. I want to get them done with a lilac color. My nails are a manicurists dream . That ombre is pretty.

1 Like

Your nails look stunning and your dress looks really beautiful too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@roxanna, you didn’t miss a thing.
While working as hairdreser, i got my manicure done once.
It hurt like hell, and I was afraid of infection.

1 Like

@anon44466342 oh thank you so much! It was an amazing day! He looked really shape too… A very memorable night

1 Like

Oh well then I probably won’t. I’ve heard of horror stories.

1 Like

I like your knuckles.

Looks cool…

I might do my nails one day lol

1 Like

Currently I don’t really have the fingers for it but maybe when I loose weight

1 Like

Why are my toenails yellow?