Provocative tests with psychostimulant drugs

Hello.

I have Negative symptoms (NS) of unknown nature. My doc says it is either depression or schizophrenia (as I understand he means Simple type of Schizo) - 50\50.

My current treatment - aripiprazole 2.5mg (yes, I know it is micro dosage but higher doses give me a lot of sedation with no improvement in negative symptoms). My past treatment - SSRIs. Sertraline was the best one for me but finally I started to feel apathy. Also I tried fluanxole (no effect) and sulpiride 50-100 (sometimes I had good effect but finally it went off).

So I have read about stimulant test for such cases. It is when a patient takes single dose of stimulant. If one has depression then there will be activation, clear mind and returning to life. In case of Schizo there will be agitation and excessive excitement only, without mind clearness.

It is off-label use but some people find it helpful in similar cases.

What do you think?

ps. sorry for my English

Well, I have schizophrenia and depression, and I can only speak from my own experience. At first, stimulants were helpful, but they did eventually cause agitation and even an increase in psychotic symptoms. If you don’t have psychosis (disconnection from reality), you probably don’t have schizophrenia. Just FYI.

I have no psychosis but I have continuous pure Negative Symptoms. So I would like to find out nature of them

well do you feel like slitting your wrists or does it feel like you’re paralyzed?

no. But I feel lethargy, inhibition and many other symptoms from Schizophrenia simplex.