Schizophrenia.com

Progress! :-)

Two weeks ago, my psychiatrist praised me for how well I’m doing at overcoming paranoia and going outside. He also said he thinks my supplement regimen is helping my anxiety and insomnia, and that I should keep it up.

The best part was that he lowered my dose of Latuda from the max allowed dose of 160 mg to 120 mg. This is the first time in 8 years, since I’ve been diagnosed, that I’ve ever been able to lower my dose of any psych meds! Usually, I’m on the max dose and have tried every atypical antipsychotic.

I’ve been doing very well on the lower dose too. I’m getting out, socializing, being active, sleeping well. I feel great! Thank God for progress–finally!

Blessings,

Anthony

12 Likes

Congratulations. Lower dose of meds and all. This is excellent news. You have been working so hard and opening yourself up to so much. This is great news. I’m glad you get to lower the dose.

You have really helped and inspired me on this forum. I am so glad to hear about this victory. I am really happy for you. It’s going to get better for you. :thumbsup:

Very cool news. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is very good news! Congrats Anthony - wishing you all the best

2 Likes

Awesome, I can take a lesson from you. My meds are OK, but I definitely need to get out more. Great news.

3 Likes

Great News Anthony! Glad things are going well for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats awesome! I am also continuing to work on getting out of my own little world more. I joined the anime club (its weird) and I am seeing a girl for dinner tonight. I think we’re just about on the same page, doing well with meds and pushing ourselves to get comfortable. I am also on 120mg of Geodon, the max dose being 160mg.

2 Likes

Good for you! That’s really great news.

1 Like

Gives me hope that life does indeed get better. Great news to read. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Congratulations! It gives me hope that I may too one day be able to lower my medications, and eventually come off them.

1 Like

HI radmedtech, Keep up the good work, and may you give us an even better update next time.

1 Like

Great that you are feeling so positive about life ! It is vital to feel good about your path in recovery. Thanks cheers me up!

1 Like

i am really happy for you, good on you, you deserve it.
take care

1 Like