Schizophrenia.com

Progress for a New Year

So I’d like to avoid the pressure of new days resolutions and stuff. I think that is hard in a community such as ours where your dealing with so much stuff that others don’t and increasing the pressure on people doesn’t help…

Still. I’ve been doing really well this year with some better discipline and some willpower. I’ve had some setbacks but I’m slowly chipping away at the majors in my life. Less alcohol. More exercise but I need to add time for hobbies and reading so I’m determined to just do that little better this year coming…

So no resolutions but more of the same old with some even better discipline…I can do this and I can make this happen…Happy New Year Peeps. I’d like to leave you with this thought and a classic from Husker Du. New Day Rising. It’s one of their more wordy tracks but I’ll copy them here for you this one time…New Day Rising. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTJ807KK7I

3 Likes

Great tune and album mate…

2 Likes

You ever listened to Bob moulds band, sugar?

1 Like

Yes! Husker Du never made it out here but I saw Bob do a show. Amazing. Did the stuff off of Workbook which is one of the all time best ever solo albums. He also did some Husker Du stuff…but the solo stuff was off the hook.

1 Like

I have a teacher to thank for getting into husker du. In fact this teacher tuned me into husker du, pixies and Neil young. I have a lot to thank him for

1 Like

Some good taste…You can’t go wrong with any of them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is your aim for your cricket next year? Do you collect your stats?

1 Like

Want to be fit enough to bowl some overs and get my first ever 5 for. Batting I’m not bad. Opening in the fourths…we have 5 sides but I’m average a smidge over 20 with two scores of 47 and 48. Not too bad for a man of 50!

Mate an average over 20 as an opener is top drawer. Bet you have faced the odd 130 clicks ball or two.

1 Like

You get the odd one of 120 or so. 130 is really pretty quick over 22 yards. Movement really gets you in our grades but nothing beats pure speed. I tend to like the pace more. Faster the better as I can use my wrists and noodle the ball. I’m far from a hitter. t20 cricket I’d be rubbish!

1 Like

Scoop shots for 6 all the way!!! Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.