Professional reference?

thanks for helping me update my resume, people.

by the way, what’s a professional reference?

I assumed they were people who would vouch for me, from my past work. but I never really made much connections, in my past occupations. I was usually self-withdrawn and kept to myself, so I guess that personality backfired now…

Yes, you’re correct in your definition.

You could still ask previous employers for a reference, if they are still around.

well then, I’m screwed.

on the bright side, at least I don’t have to feel guilty about getting SSI anymore. tried my best…

I’ve only had 3 “jobs.” first, when I was an old teenager working as a READ tutor. the second was a semi-independent online thing under WyzAnt where I wasn’t taking my illness seriously. the third was self-employed local math tutor where I had bad relationships with people.

You might be fine without a reference, but if not then there are probably ways of getting one with a little bit of volunteering. You can teach me something if you want and I’ll say you were epic.

2 Likes

Well, if you’re asked for professional references, you could just say you’ve been out of the workforce for a while and don’t have any current professional references.

I was actually thinking about volunteering in a job-related field, under an established organization. then I was going to use that organization as a reference. but that might not be good enough.

also, a lot of volunteer organizations want references too…

maybe I can join the army though. I don’t think they care for references much… right? I’d probably not live long, but what else can I do…

This reminds me of WoW achievements. If you didn’t have the achievement you couldn’t go raiding, and if you couldn’t go raiding then you couldn’t get the achievement… kekekekek

1 Like

i never tried that before. being overly honest and showing my inexperience has not been my motto, ever since my self-empolyment skit. have you ever done that? how did it go?

maybe if I was a teenager or younger, that might work though.

No I haven’t tried it either, but it seems like a reasonable approach. :thinking:

1 Like