Procastination

Who here procrastinates? I should have been to see if I can get to a group location or not and contact the Richmond fellowship re using their service. I also should have had a blood test re prolactin levels to see whether I might need a med adjustment.
I have kept putting both things off.

I have a master’s degree in procrastination

2 Likes

I need to get an oil change in my car, I need to get groceries before we get snowed in. These are the things im procrastinating currently. Eff it I’ll do it tomorrow.

Must have taken you a long time to get.

Seems you like this topic so much

http://zenhabits.net/get-off-your-butt-16-ways-to-get-motivated-when-youre-in-a-slump/

I am chronic with the procrastination. It takes forever for me to get up and do what I KNOW needs to be done.

I try to stay organized, but I always end up with some of my time spent putting simple things off until later…

Then I can’t figure out where the time went. It’s the biggest thing I still have to work on… some form of keeping the motivation and momentum.

1 Like

When you look up procrastinate in the dictionary, it has a picture of me.

I’m pretty bad putting things off…I ran out of my thyroid medicine, in Feb 2014, and it took until june until I got a refill.
Then was told no mire refills until I got my lab work done, that was in Sep2014, I still haven’t done it, and have not taken the meds since.

I haven’t changed my legal last name after getting married because I have to find the copy of my marriage certificate, it’s somewhere in this house, so my bank aaccount, drivers license are still in my ex’s last name…it’s only been a year and 4 months.

My car is still waiting to get the CV boot changed, window mech fixed, since Oct 2013.

Haven’t gotten any medical insurance…

Powdermilk Biscuits…

1 Like

Will get back to you on that. Later. Much later.

10-96

2 Likes

I always thought that procrastination was a minor character quirk or a bad habit or a minor annoyance. But I read in Psychology Today that it is actually a serious syndrome. A serious condition.

I think it comes with the lack of drive and motivation that forms part of the negative symptoms of sz. I also hate it to procrastinate because I like to get the the things done I want to do.

When my dad was alive he used to try and teach me to take care of things immediately as soon as they came up. If the car wasn’t running right: take it in that day. If I need something at the grocery store: go right now. If I need a new pair of pants: go that day. Yes, he told me this, but I didn’t learn even though he taught by example.

What I’m doing right now -

Yeah, I definitely have a procrastination problem. I’ve been meaning to do something about it but I keep putting it off. Seriously.