Problems with sex?

I had decreased libido when I took my meds at night, but I take them morning and night now. My libido isnt what it used to be, but that doesnt matter because I live in my parents house and have no partner…lol

I have never had sex and probably never will…haha

But seriously, xanax can kill your sex drive. All tranquilizer class drugs have that as a possible side effect. I take an antipsychotic AND xanax, but I drink a lot of caffeine and I lift weights, so my libido isnt zero. The more I workout, the more it comes back.

Maybe vitamins like Niacin can help? Exercise may help! Niacin is a popular alternative med for scz too, it opens up your capillaries in large quantities, which is a stimulating effect…Niacin is in weightlifting supplements because it helps push blood into your muscles…and it also happens to help pump blood into other parts of the body.

I have heard of guys taking weightlifting supplements for sexual performance. I dont know if women do that. Probly not.

I would drink coffee or tea, mild stimulants…I know a fair amount about drugs and vitamins, so I would suggest Niacin and coffee or tea before intimacy. Niacin can make you flush or make your skin itch, so try it out before you do anything and see if it agrees with you.

I hope you get somewhere with this problem…sounds frustrating. Hope I was of use…

1 Like

Ever since i started my medication i’m just not interested in sex. My partner and i use to have sex all the time now its a struggle. I give her pleasure whenever i feel like it but i don’t get anything in return which is the way i prefer it to be honest, since i just don’t get enjoyment out of sex anymore.

Your young, smart, in shape, open for adventure… I have a feeling your time will come young grasshopper.
Meet the girl is half the battle.

I have always said… When I look go looking for love (ie. sex) I find chaos. But when I look for friendship, I sometimes find love.

2 Likes

That’s good advice…im sort of defeatist about relationships…I try but I guess I need to keep trying

Never give up! You’ll find someone :slight_smile:

yeah the same energy you put toward psychosis goes toward libido.
turn one way down and it turns the other one down too.
personally i think its a good thing, hated the distraction in the early decades;
some guys have to wait till age 83 to get free of libido,
but yeah, the psych meds do it any time you want.

also my anorexic diet does it,
\same thing, take away the energy for psychosis and there goes the libido as well.
gotta eat meat for libido, personally anyway.
(or the sea urchin at the sushi place !!!)

so if i want libido,
i eat food, heavy meat and carbs, for a few days,
also caffeine, sugar, and everything it takes to be floridly psychotic,
and if you direct the psychosis toward reproductive urges,
well i guess you could go reproduce, if you think that’s necessary.
of course when you are psychotic, lots of other things to pursue as well…

1 Like