Problems learning

I started training at the animation studio after my current job…I can’t focus…I am bored…And I wanted to change my job so much! And now it’s the same torture. Just like my psychiatrist said - it will be the same. My manager at the studio says I am only at the beginning so I shouldn’t worry so much - she is my friend and she knows that I have sz. However, I am used to be ahead of others. And now I am pathetic - I have to be explained few times, while the younger ppl at the studio get it right away. I wonder if it’s worth it to quit my current job - at least I got used to it.
I read something similar here - exercise and eat well…I can’t do it on regular basis. I wish I could…
Anyways…this too shall pass…

2 Likes

@VanGogh you need to have more patient with yourself … You are doing good, even though your struggling abit. I think if you take a small break off and on during instruction time. You will get better results understanding what is going on and what to do .

Simply put try to remain clam , try to focus with meditation effort, slow down a little bit like you was in the beginning. and all should go well once again.

You only feeling slowed down due to a transitional phase . you will do excellent.

2 Likes

Thank you sweldon001,
That’s what my manager says - just relax.
Thank you for the good advice…I will really slow down

3 Likes

When one slows down they can accomplish more at the task than those whom rush thru it and miss massive details.

1 Like

Another way to think of it… Over at Walt Disney Land I worked doing things… Not animation , but building things… They showed me that if you take your time you can make concrete look like ground , or a statute that is solid when it is in fact hollow and based outta chicken wire… Just by taking your time and doing detail on what your are slowly working on.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what you need to do. Take a deep breath when your frustrated and then keep going. She said it’s the beginning so it won’t be boring forever. Give it more time.

3 Likes

Thank you, Pianogal! <3

2 Likes

Maybe you can meditate, some people have benefits from it. Meditate 10 minutes in the morning, but not more. I got psychotic after 30 minute for a week of meditation.

Or breath exercise, you can run first thing in the morning after coffee and ciggaretes (of course) then do a shower then go to work.

I try to wake up at least 1 hour before I go to school and just plan the day, get used to the new day sometimes I run. I feel so much better

1 Like

What’s your morning routine?

I get up at 7am, have a coffee and a cigatette and I leave for work at 7.15. I am in front of office at about 7.35 so I have another coffee and a cigarette. I sit on my computer and check my facebook,mail and some other websites. From then on I smoke a cigarette each hour…
Today I got up at 6.30am and besides what I just wrote I did 9min exercising.
I haven’t done meditation in a long time. I will give it a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great. Even just stretching help us.

Just try to wake up an hour before work and just do what feels good for you, relax then start your day. If you can give it a try I think it will help

1 Like

If I get up an hour earlier I will smoke more. Seems to me I have nothing to do besides smoking :confused:

For me it’s that is great. I guess its just me

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.