Problem with self image and confidence?

Anyone have a problem with their self image and confidence with it? I just want to be able to rock what i got. Or at least be able to to not feel trapped in a dark corner like I’m a monster. Sometimes I think I’m hallucinating what I look like and I’m really screwed up.

For reference… But how do u feel good and confident about yourself. Bad picture though. Stupid sunlight need an eclipse.

1 Like

You are very handsome.
Feel a bit better yet?

2 Likes

Yea its just feeling pride in myself and confident. Like theres this cute girl in my class and I wish I had the confidence in my image and social skills to approach her without coming off weird. Im really shy

Yeah I think that self confidence is the most important attribute one can have.
Everything else goes at second place.

Can you at least act as confident? You know, fake it until you make it…(helps me sometimes)

1 Like

Yea thats what I do most of the time just try to fake it but I also want to be genuine

About the girl…if you don’t try you’ll never know and you might regret it.
So…the only thing you can lose is opportunity.
I’m telling you, you look good, so just, go for it!

1 Like

You have strong aesthetics, bro. I definitely get that vibe that the opposite sex would be quite attracted to you. You shouldn’t worry so much about appearances.

1 Like

You look tall.

I lack confidence.

1 Like

I have problems with self image. I don’t think you should worry about that.

You’re a good looking dude. As for self confidence and social skills, those are both learned traits. I used to think I was super ugly because I got teased a lot in school. Then I met a friend who was three hundred pounds, and missing most of her teeth. She had a different guy every night. They would buy her jewelry, take her to fancy places, and constantly fight over her. And I realized it was because she had self confidence. She saw herself as sexy, so other people did too. Now, she’s living with a rich guy who fixed her teeth and bought her a car.

I figured that if she can look like that and still feel sexy, there was no reason why I couldn’t feel sexy too. I started by spending a little bit of time naked every day. If you can get comfortable with the way your body looks, you will be more comfortable showing someone else. I give myself pep talks in the mirror. At first I didn’t believe what I was saying, but I would tell myself how hot and pretty I was anyways. Eventually, I started believing it. Most people are so self conscious of themselves that they don’t have time to be super judgmental of others. Use that to your advantage. People love someone who can make themselves feel totally comfortable in embarrassing situations.

And the only way to develop social skills is to practice. This might mean that a few girls get weirded out by you and walk away. That is okay. You’re really young. So instead of thinking of this girl as the ultimate goal, look at her as someone to practice social skills with. If she doesn’t like you, hey, you’ve learned something that doesn’t work. Then you can try again with another girl. You should also try just making friends with a few girls, without trying to date them. If you can spend time relaxed in a no pressure environment with girls, you will start to learn more how to talk with them without getting nervous.

2 Likes

Im 6’6". Michael Jordans height. I am almost freakishly tall. Also I smile even slightly in all my pictures because my Mother beat it in my head that “people enjoy pictures with smiling faces more then frowning.” I find it works. Also good advice @cj9556 I’ll try that approach. I just don’t want to make it weird and then we have a whole class together for the rest of the semester.

I might be hallucinating what you look like also. But I think you look like an attractive young man.

2 Likes

I hope you aren’t but thanks for the compliment. Though I don’t like selfies they kinda make you look weird in my personal opinion.

1 Like

i cut my head up with a knife in my twenties.
i had a stroke i am told at 14 so one side of my mouth and eye are slighly dropped.
so i have had many issues…with appearance :man:
you look normal to me… :trophy:
have pride in your self… :smiley:
take care :alien:

3 Likes

Girls are super turned on by tallness! Being tall is a huge advantage!

1 Like

Words of wisdom of having pride in myself i just get confused on how. And again thanks CJ I just need to be confident. Another big problem however is how do I talk about the scars on my legs from (car crash not accident) and a few self harm marks on my left arm. I feel really discouraged by this. I mean my whole arm isn’t riddled with them just a few but you can tell if you look close.

1 Like

It is difficult to know how we come across. You can’t ask other people that. I feel a negative self-image communicates itself to others without our saying anything and turns them away. When we have SZ, there’s nothing we can do about it. You look young and confident in your picture.

1 Like

girls/women see scars as ’ battle ’ scars…or even cool.
mrs. sith has never had a problem with my scars…
i also like you have a scar running down my leg…( accident on bike )
a scar on wrist …from operation.
scars do not define you…they are just scars.
have pride in yourself…because you are a good looking kid
you seem inteligent
thoughtful
and kind.
scars do not make someone ugly…a ’ crap ’ personality makes someone ’ ugly '.
is someone in a wheelchair ’ ugly '… ?
or someone with burns… ?
or someone with facial injuries… ?
you seem to have a concept of perfectionism in your mind…no one is perfect…who would want to be ?
in your mind you seem to feel your ’ scars ’ are larger than you…that people see your scars first not you the person…
this is totally untrue…

if someone turns away from someone who has disfigurement however small or large…they are the ugly ones.
take care :alien:

3 Likes

Thats weird I had the same thought today. I was talking to this person (who wasn’t real) and she asked if she was pretty? I asked her “does your spirit have substance? Does your mind have content? Are you not just drifting through life without asking questions about yourself? Do you have fears you have expressed externally? Do you have compassion for others point of views even if you disagree?” Then I heard “that is beauty.” I have a lot of conversations with imaginary people about deep topics. It’s weird I know. But I enjoy them. I find these deep conversations with myself keep me sane in a way. I develop myself through them.

1 Like

Your voices sound way more chill than my voices. That is another point in your favor!