Pretty bummed

My husband and I have been planning to go on this weekend road trip to some hot springs for the last like 5 months… but with gas prices so high, we’re most likely going to cancel the trip.

I’m so bummed, to the point that I basically want to cry. But 1) I don’t think the sz or meds will let me and 2) it would be immature

I’ve been dying to get out of here and go do something for over a year… but now it’s not happening. Ugh. Sorry, just wanted to vent.

12 Likes

Can you go somewhere nearby? So that the gas price won’t kill your finances.

4 Likes

Possibly…

But there aren’t many cool places nearby really (or we’ve already been to them a bunch of times)

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re so disappointed. But I think going somewhere nearby is a good idea. Even if you’ve been there before.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I’m sorry you can’t go do what you’ve been looking forward to. It’s a big time bummer.

2 Likes

What about you renovate your house or landscape the garden instead of going on a holiday. They say that its good as a holiday.

2 Likes

Are there tradeoffs that can be made elsewhere? Cut down on eating out or ordering takeaway for a while?

1 Like

I hope you are able to get out and do something. You deserve it. :tropical_fish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a real bummer. I’m sorry. Try to find something to do like the others said. Maybe treat yourself to eating at a fancy restaurant or something

1 Like

Not exactly, we never eat out really or get food delivery or anything.

Gas alone for our trip would be over $200! :flushed:

2 Likes

I feel you. I love to cruise the countryside looking for photo opportunities, but not at nearly $2/L. I’m scouting images a lot closer to home these days.

1 Like

I’m sorry. :frowning:

We had to cancel a big family trip up north due to gas prices. We had it planned for over a year, but cost on gas alone would have cost $800 plus. Im worried for tourist cities, because I’ve heard of a lot of people cancelling their trips.

3 Likes

Woah!!!

And bummer :confused: sorry your guys’ trip is cancelled too

1 Like

My wife and I really didn’t get out of the house for a year when the twins were born.

Maybe just do little trips…the park with the baby…Dairy Queen…Antiquing…a movie…bicycling…etc.

1 Like

The zoo is always nice. Or an aquarium.

1 Like

You have my sympathy. I hardly ever get out, but it is a real treat when I do. Change of scenery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.