Practice practice practice

Practicing segment of “Ode to joy” reading from standard notation this morning. I stumble and slow down the farther into the song I get but thought I’d share first 5 seconds of song since I think it sounds good. It’s a recognizable song.

Edit: See lower post for link

I know it’s not much to share, but I feel like sharing when I make progress and this first segment of song seems to be flowing good and sounds pretty decent.

9 Likes

An actual tune ! Good work !

4 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful .

4 Likes

You’re doing great!

3 Likes

Thanks @ZmaGal !

3 Likes

Heres a slightly longer version…

4 Likes

Wow! You’re progressing rapidly! Good work! :smile::guitar:

3 Likes

Thanks @iconoclast_01 !

3 Likes

The section after the last linked post gets a little too complex…jumping around and whatnot…so I’m not ready to post yet…

3 Likes

I recognized the song. I listened to the long version. Good job.

3 Likes

Thank you @SpringRose

3 Likes

Good work BowDog.

I am working on Christmas songs for the banjo atm.

Keep us posted on your progress.

:notes:

3 Likes

Thanks. Second post is a bit choppy, but thanks. I’ll keep on practicing. If you want to post a song in this thread, feel free…

2 Likes

Lol! I am no where near as brave as you.

:joy:

2 Likes

Ok. I’m done practicing for the day…this is the best I could get the song down. I still have a major delay on the hard part, but oh well.

2 Likes

You are doing great BowDog.

I find if I leave the banjo for a day then I come back strong.

This is meant to be fun.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

haha, yeah, I have a hard time remembering that sometimes. I tend to obsess a bit.

and thanks Skunky!

3 Likes

It’s ok to practice every day. Just make sure it’s because you enjoy it still

2 Likes

I think the major reason I am cramming a bit, is because I want to make sure that I get everything in before my Monday lesson. You are both right though, it should be fun. I need to keep that in mind :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Like I said before, as a piano teacher I can tell if someone practiced or not. If there’s something you can’t quite get, it’s ok. Just tell your teacher and they’ll be happy to help you.

3 Likes