Powerball is up to $485 million...yes, I bought some tickets!

If you don’t play you can’t lose.

Around here we call the lottery “the tax on people who can’t do math”.

Save you money man.

2 Likes

But then again you’d be kicking yourself if your numbers came up… It’s harmless and a bit off fun malvok.

Here the lotto raises money that’s given to many charities etc. My off line support group for one is funded by the lotto commission.

1 Like

Yeah, going for a high Powerball isn’t going to hurt anyone. The woman who oversees Partial Care gets Powerball tickets when it get’s high.

I used to have a friend whose father was addicted to the lottery. His apartment was covered with old losing tickets. Thousands of them all over the place, stacked high. I felt bad for the guy.

The lotto brings in huge dollars for the elderly in my state. Shows that the odds are stacked in the state’s favor.

Sounds like a gambling addiction. Would also image it didn’t just stop at the lotto.

1 Like

I may buy one. Some lady bought $46 worth!
Good luck @jukebox **

1 Like

I matched one number…the powerball…$4 value…sorry guys…haha…

1 Like

Don’t spend it all in just one place.

Lmao count me in, if no one wins this and it goes up I’ll buy tickets for the next and if I win, I’ll give to you all pre posters on here too! Heheh

If you take the lump sum on a jackpot that high, aren’t you taxed the same amount as 30 annual payments? $450 mill spread out over 30 years is $15 mill per year, which I think is is still in the top tax bracket. So almost 50% gets taxed either way.

I guess annual payments means you can’t really blow it though.

Good point. That’s probably why they offer payments like that.

I’d just take the lump sum and accrue interest on the massive amount since I don’t think they pay accued interest in annual payments.

The interest alone is enough to satisfy most spending. I’d never even touch any of the actual winnings, just the interest.

Also $485 mill is enough to buy everyone in the US a fart sound app for their smartphone, and probably best way to blow $485 mill.

feel free to throw me 1 million of that massive ammount if you get it! :smiley:

I bought 2 tickets they were both losers :disappointed: