Post your phone lock screen/home screen

Why did you set your phone language to Japanese, @stellaglow ? Are you studying Japanese, or… ?

1 Like

Yes, I’m a student of the Japanese language and having my phone in Japanese is immersive.

4 Likes

That is awesome. I wish you can find the tenacity required for mastering Kanji. May you succeed where I have shamefully failed :smile:

Also, check in with @Anna - she studies Japanese as well !

3 Likes

I’ve fallen so far behind :sob: I stopped studying again once my classes started up so I’ve gotten rusty again.

Admittedly I don’t know much kanji. I know all the first grade level ones and then maybe like 30 or so other than that as well. My dream is to be able to know all the ones a native speaker would know, and to at least be able to easily read Japanese to the point where I could buy videogames from Japan and play and understand them.

3 Likes

Yes, one of my goals is playing Japanese video games :smiley:
I don’t know how many kanji I know, though.

I was able to fit in a beginner level Japanese course in college which I’m sooo glad I did because I feel like teaching yourself Japanese from nothing would be extremely difficult. Now I try to keep up with that and learn more via textbooks, workbooks, apps on my phone, etc.

I do have a Japanese keyboard on my phone. Made it easier to look up certain words lol. 日本語は楽しいですね :relaxed:

2 Likes

I wanted to learn Japanese but at the moment I’m busy with Korean. I already completely memorized Hangul (their alphabet) so I can read and write Korean easily.
안녕하세요 !

(To be quite honest I chose Korean instead because I wanted a bit less of a challenge, not that Korean isn’t difficult but compared to Japanese I always thought Japanese is harder. Because of the pronounciation and all those letters)

4 Likes

Wow, I’m jealous! I’d to love Korean but I consider it a lot harder than Japanese.

This is my wallpaper :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I like it! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah that Japanese has so many alphabets can make it pretty daunting. Once you learn that part it’s actually pretty easy though, in my opinion the grammar is a lot easier than the Romance languages grammar. And spelling is sooo simple because everything is spelled just how it sounds.

2 Likes

I won’t post my home screen, but my current wallpaper is a drawing by @anon80629714 - thanks girl! I’m talking about that elephant you sent me 2 months ago or so… still love it :elephant:

3 Likes

I just changed mine to my favorite drawing :smiley:

5 Likes

omg you have my elephant as your wallpaper? that literally made my day :relaxed:

1 Like

I should probably change to a festive one…

2 Likes

This is my new theme/wallpaper

3 Likes

You’ve set an alarm on your phone, @Jesspresso ? what is it for, if I may ask ?

I had to wake up early the other day for an appointment and I’m too lazy to switch it off

1 Like

Oh it’s ok. But I thought you had the option to choose between one-time alarm and recurring alarm?

You know, we can also post computer screen shots too, I won’t though because I have an uninteresting chrome book :joy: