Schizophrenia.com

Post one of your favorite songs

this is my favorite

Music that talks to you part 2

Eels: Railroad Man

reminds me of hopping the freights with my girlfriend summer of 97’ :slight_smile:

Ive never heard that song before, but I love it. Nice vibe! I can see how it could bring back memories for you.

Blessings,

Anthony

“I’m down here in trouble/Lord send an angel by my way!”

Com’on people now let the music play mon!

Dis song sacred to me…Oh the Grandeur!

I have no favorite song…I like music from really light stuff and folk, to heavy stuff like Black Sabbath and Goth…

My brother HATES this song, but plays it for me every time I’m sad. I’ve danced to this song in the rain, in the park, on the beach, and any other time I need some cheering up.

I like this song. Here’s a little background.

“The Lion Sleeps Tonight”, also known as “Wimba Way” or “Wimoweh” (and originally as “Mbube”), is a song written and recorded by Solomon Linda originally with the Evening Birds (Song by Solomon Linda originally titled just “Mbube”),[1] for the South African Gallo Record Company in 1939. Originally composed only in Zulu, it was adapted and covered internationally by many 1950s pop and folk revival artists, including the Weavers, Jimmy Dorsey, Yma Sumac, Miriam Makeba, and the Kingston Trio. In 1961 it became a number one hit in the U.S. as adapted in English by the doo-wop group the Tokens. It went on to earn at least US$15 million in royalties from covers and film licensing.

In the mid-nineties, it became a pop “supernova” (in the words of South African writer Rian Malan) when licensed to Walt Disney for use in the film The Lion King, its spin-off TV series and live musical, prompting a lawsuit in 2004 on behalf of the impoverished descendants of Solomon Linda.

Wow that is so amazing that this song has such a history and continues on in other venues.

Oh wow. I sort of thought I was the only one in this day and age who liked her.

This song reminds me of coming home. There is just something about this song that reminds me of a very special time, and some new beginnings for me. There was a period where Miriam Makeba was on a lot. I got her C.D. in a sale bin and I’ve been hooked ever since. I was about 10 when I heard this song.

what a great song, worth a listen

irish song# with meaning’

fishermans friends- mary anne

fishermans friends- jokers and rogues

I actually listen to Indian music. Mainly hindi which was self tought. I don’t think anyone wants a listen lol

I like Japanese koto music – a special taste but it relaxes me.

Music that talks to you part 2