Post a selfie new new new

The finished product :slight_smile:

I’d post a selfie but I look like a straight up bum these days.

I find the word bum offensive. I have no idea why. Is it offensive? To whom?

12 Likes

Lunchtime payday down the sporto. Had a good roast dinner. A couple of scotchs and a little bit of a punt. Dad and I go down every fortnight on payday!

32 Likes

I think the word was used more in the past; like maybe in the 1940’s or 1950’s. It is used to describe what we now call “homeless”. Not all homeless. But many of the homeless nowadays would be considered bums long ago. It is offensive but not as bad as saying the n-word or using other certain racial slurs.

Basically it has a negative connotation. If you walked up to a homeless man and called him a bum you might be in for an as*whupping. But through the years the term got watered down so now it’s like kids calling each other idiots or jerks; you could substitute “bum” and jokingly call your friend a bum and in that context it’s meant to be humorous.

2 Likes

looking good @rogueone did you lose some weight?

1 Like

I am in the process @anon92887483. I’m almost below 100kgs which is a big deal for me. Thanks for noticing!!! You are on the Xmas card list!

6 Likes

haha does that mean i get christmas money? thanks! :smiley:

3 Likes

Looking good mate! Nice to see you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I hear the word bum I always think of Mick in the Rocky movies.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. I use it in the context - bum = messy/lazy hygiene.

I don’t think I could call a homeless person a bum. I feel too much for how they need to live. Especially in Canada with our cold winters. It keeps me up at night thinking about how I couldn’t make it through this. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. :cry:

2 Likes

I got dressed today and such nice weather here for a change

28 Likes

I like your hair it looks quite volumous

5 Likes

I straightend my hair… Usually just wear beanies…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

33 Likes

It’s you!..……………

3 Likes

It always is! Lol

2 Likes

I may have shaved my head because it’s lower maintenance.

20 Likes

25 Likes

sick hat yo 0876896876987

1 Like

Nice photo @Itsme!

1 Like

Thanks I got some more on the way my hats gotta match my retro Jordans am trying to stock up a little collection it’s little expensive for the sneakers but I go to stockx to get the best price and the hats on ebay

2 Likes

I need to smile in my pics but I think it looks forced and goofy when I do oh well

2 Likes