Post a pic of your favorite local pizza pie

So I was visiting my grandpa this week ( he lives 2 hours away from me) and we had my favorite pizza. It’s kind of a thick crust with sweet sauce, and they use cheddar cheese instead of some sort of white cheese (mozzarella or whatever). It’s my all-time favorite, and I’ve been eating it since I was little. It doesn’t look amazing, but the taste is the best lol

Anyways, post a pic of your favorite local pizza if you want! It doesn’t have to be your picture (I got my picture off google). But I’m curious, as we have so many different cultures on this site, how pizza looks around the world.

11 Likes

I like to make my own from scratch.

:blush:

12 Likes

Nice! Looks great. We make our own pizza, too. It’s more of a “grandma-style” pizza you might see in New Jersey (even though we’re not from there). Thick-ish square crust, with whatever sauce, cheese and toppings we have on hand

3 Likes

I approve of this.

:heart:

2 Likes

From the local pizza joint (not my own pic). Been going there for about 15 years now though it’s been a few months since I’ve gone. The sauce is delish.

7 Likes

Wow, that looks good! Perfect looking pie! Local pizza is just the best

2 Likes

Thick buttery crust with lots of cheese and sauce:

4 Likes

That pizza looks SO good haha nomnomnom

1 Like

…Then there’s “party pizza” or “pizza strips”:

5 Likes

haven’t heard of those before, but I’m def intrigued. Is that something that is kinda special to your region?

1 Like

Yea, it’s a southern New England thing— they’re basically pieces of pizza minus cheese and served room temp.

First time I ever saw party pizza, I was like, “but where the cheese at doe?” :sweat_smile:

Then I took a bite and I was like, “wowsers” :star_struck:.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I like cold pizza (or room temp), so that would be right up my alley. Great looking crust, too.

1 Like

that pizza looks bussin!

1 Like

LOOL never seen pizza like this! are you from mars? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh man I wish I had a photo of the jalapeño pizza we made here. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Are they mozzarella balls or
Montezuma balls? :thinking:

1 Like

LOL

Well it’s a secret, but they’re of various ethnic flavors. Little Scottish, French Canadian, and of course Mexican!

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

That pizza looks horrible. Definitely not mozerella

To each their own. I did say in the OP that it wasn’t mozzarella (they use cheddar), and that the pizza isn’t visually stunning. And there’s a reason the place has been around 80+ years – the pizza tastes good.

1 Like

I’m from New Jersey where you’ll find the best tasting pizza in the States!

Here is one of my favorites

4 Likes