Possibly a Forum Bug: Who has liked this particular post?

I see a line “1 person liked this”, but it does not show up in my Profile nor I have got it in the notification.

Is it possibly a forum bug?

1 Like

Patch of Blue liked it. It shows up for me. I think there might be a limit on the number of notifications you can get at one time?

Not just the notification, I can’t see it through Profile, too.

1 Like

Does it show when you click the little speech bubble icon in the upper right?

I can see you click Like button twice on this topic.

Please compare my notification with the screenshot, the only Like left out which I encountered the first time.

Must be a bug, it happens.

1 Like

Thanks for all of your assistance.

Good catch - I’ll report the bug.

1 Like

I suspect I have a virus. It affects for one thing how many times I have to click for it to register. I can remember hitting the like button - maybe more than once - when it flickered + didn’t register, so I hit it again = sometimes more than twice in frustration.

Should I stay away?

Perhaps you should try another Internet browser instead.

Are you Patch of Blue?

Yes, I’m pob, aka patchofblue. How would using another browser help?

Thanks for the likes.

What are the minimum browser requirements?
Discourse is a JavaScript application designed for the next 10 years of the Internet, so the minimum web browser requirements are high:

Internet Explorer 10+
Google Chrome 24+
Firefox 14+
Safari 5.1+

We do officially support Internet Explorer 9, but some functionality will be unavoidably broken.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Internet browser whenever possible. The next thing you may try is clear the browser’s cache and cookies. If you’re not logged out, then log out and log in again.
I think this would help in some ways.

Lol, I hate troubleshooting web stuff, especially JavaScript. This type of bug is kinda like saying “My car makes a weird sound and the AC button doesn’t work sometimes…”

I doubt they are going to be able to fix such a bug, especially since it appears the JavaScript portion of this site is mostly comprised of an opensource (posted on github) library. I love opensource stuff, but small (non breaking) bugs usually tend to stay around for a while.

Here’s to hoping it’s a browser problem and not a website/software problem.

1 Like

No - that doesn’t sound like a virus. I’ve never heard of a virus that works like that. The issue could be a browser incompatibility or a small bug in the forum code.

1 Like

I’m staying away from clicking on the like button. If anyone finds out if I should or should not continue - let me know

Plumber, my mind doesn’t work. I can’t begin to follow your probably simple instructions. For one thing, the way my computer is fixed I don’t know if I’d be protected on another browser. The technology is hopelessly beyond me.

As long as you can post, it is okay then. :relaxed:

OK. Thanks…