Possible trigger - natural highs?

So say that they don’t work for you without generalizing. Please don’t discourage the many here who can’t survive without them from taking them. It could kill someone. You know better.

I’ve had natural highs that last for 4 to 6 months. Mania basically natural drug lol

2 Likes

When I watch certain comedy I laugh my ass off to the point that I have tears in my eyes sometimes, and my facial muscles hurt. I guess you could call that a natural high.

I don’t drink or do any street drugs. I am on 60mg of Lurasidone and 1.5mg of clonazepam.

2 Likes

I get joy from cooking, decorating my living space, and taking walks outside. I feel like antipsychotics have been enhancing the joy i get from mundane activities while diminishing the joy i get from more intense things like drinking with friends.

I had one natural high. I used to go to work three days a week and on Sundays I would fix a special breakfast like waffles or pancakes and relax and eat in peace and enjoy.

i don’t think she said anything crap, it was just @Charles_Foster s experience

others had fine experiences, as can be seen from the thread

so it is not like someone would assume aps don’t work for everyone?

disclaimer …i am only on 2.5mg abilify

i have not really had any natural highs.

just artificial ones from alcohol and junk food both of which do not help me long run btw

but i think i will be able to once i learn to self care which btw is extremly challenging on APs,for me and seems to be the trend too

but i do believe it is possible for me, on APs

1 Like

having said that, i guess it would be cool to note that it is just a personal experience and may be different for others :+1:

@Charles_Foster

@shutterbug

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.