Possible cure with neuralink

His bank balance is irrelevant lol

2 Likes

I watched the pig demo too. It was cool but nothing really special. It made me realize we are still in the horse and buggy stage of brain chips. Iā€™m not going to predict what future brain chips will be capable of doing. Lots of promises, maybe it will do all kinds of things, but maybe none of these promises will come true.

1 Like

Not really when tech heā€™s involved with has made him his fortune

Yes, really. Being rich doesnā€™t make you a scientist. And it especially doesnā€™t make you a credible source about the scientific potential of a project that you stand to make billions out of. Come on. At least find some independent reviews of this by some credible, academically accredited sources before you decide what to believe.

Academics are not a real world example. Theory vs practise

Musk is notoriously involved in the engineering of electric cars and rocket technology

Iā€™d say his accomplishments proven by commercial success trumps some worthless academics opinion

1 Like

Iā€™d say you sound very gullible.

Heā€™s trying to create a brain-machine interface. Neuroscientists spend decades trying to understand the brain. You think a guy with a bachelorā€™s degree can understand all of this by virtue of being rich?

Honestly, the more you defend this the more I feel like calling BS on the whole thing. But Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t do it if it didnā€™t have a potential for profit, so Iā€™m assuming it can do something. But Iā€™m highly skeptical about the curing mental illnesses part.

He has made a lot happen and obviously he isnā€™t writing every bit of code and soldering the wires together

The man is to be admired and his companies and their successes show this

What, exactly? Made an electric car and gone just beyond earthā€™s atmosphere?

Donā€™t get me wrong, I admire his ambitions, and he has the money to achieve a lot of great things. But so far I think his greatest achievement is seducing investors.

I doubt this will happen but if at least it helps some people itā€™s worth while

That I agree with.

Elon has Asperger syndrome

1 Like

Well I tried about 100 sessions of re wiring my brain with transcranial magnetic treatment. It worked for mood stability but it wouldnā€™t last. Iā€™d have to be doing it every two weeks forever. And unfortunately the friggin clinics only operate on a workday. So for now itā€™s da pills

Yes and no. Heā€™s done amazing things with SpaceX no doubt. Starlink will also be amazing when finally up and running. His carsā€¦ They built them without knowing enough about building them and then they made outlandish promises while cutting corners at the same time. His worst problem is unleasing untested tech waaaay too early.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.