Porsche's were really popular where I grew up

Seemed like we would see at least one a day. Used to see a lot of Corvettes too.

2 Likes

All we could talk about when I was ten was the 1979 Lamborghini Countach LP400S. Had a poster of a red one on my bedroom wall:

0-60 MPH in 5.8 seconds, eh? Supercar! Price tag at the time was over $250,000 CDN.

Here’s my daughter’s car - 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT:

0-60 MPH in 5.9 seconds. Cost $3,500 CDN used. What a difference a few decades has made.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

My favorite porsche the 959.

5 Likes

The main status cars I see around here are

Tesla’s S and X
Porsche suvs
Land rover suvs
Mercedes g wagons
Jaguar suvs
McLaren’s 570s 650s
Porsche gt3s

That’s the most common ones for status style.

Jokes on them im still driving the same speed as them in my trusty ford ranger :smile:

Too much traffic to go fast anywhere lawlz

1 Like

i can’t remember ever seeing a porsche in my hometown. would see some old muscle cars, and lots of new cadillacs. convertibles were also really popular.

in my current place i see a jeep everyday for these shitty country roads. jeep capital of the world i live in. one day i even saw a procession of jeeps on the weekend, a bunch of jeep owners got together and went for a drive i guess, must’ve been 40 jeeps in a row drove by.

and then when i was in high school all the cool kids had souped up honda’s and would work on them themselves.

i guess the status cars in my hometown where mercedes, bmw, and cadillacs. and then the car guys would have the muscle cars.

1 Like

Status cars here are lifted trucks and suvs, there is a good tuner/import scene tho. I am afraid of customizing cars anymore because I don’t want anymore cop attention. I had been pulled over in a honda once for “Looking suspicious”. I had my windows down no loud music or exhaust at the time and I tried to be nice and to let the cop go first at a 4 way stop, she waved me, smiled then pulled me over. Now I drive a non descript car and put cruise control at the speed limit lol.

2 Likes

My cousin told me that a lot of people (many elders) had a Porsche in Bavaria.

I like Porsches but also Corvettes. Between the two I would pick a Porsche.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.