Poor response to risperidone is linked to over-methylation

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/10.2217/epi-2019-0350

If you can’t handle risperidone then you could have a methylation problem, meaning your not getting enough B vitamins and folate.

Hypo-methylation means your high in homocysteine.

Betaine, B vitamins and folate can lower homocysteine levels.

1 Like

What is meant by poor response though?

@Newtothis1

I think they mean people can’t handle risperidone and get more side effects and have a harder time coping with it.

I’m not sure myself, but it’s something along those lines I think.

1 Like

So weird question here. It made me “bud” basically that beginning of growing boobs. Is that linked to it also? @Green

This is a zombie thread. @Ninjastar @Moonbeam @anon4362788 @rogueone

@Thaze , this thread originated years ago so it has to be closed now. But feel free to start a new thread with your questions

1 Like

Didn’t realize I’m sorry

1 Like

Oh, no this isnt a zombie thread. It’s only 3 months old.

@Thaze

I’m not sure but it could help with that.

1 Like

I remember this risperidone, I have tried it, made me very social used to go to pubs with my friends but not drink, even then I was almost down on the floor dancing. There was a major backlash, memory issue and dropped the job.

1 Like

What might help me?? @Green

Growing man boobs (gynaecomastia) is totally linked with respiridone. Might be because respiridone increases prolactin (the hormone that causes people to secrete milk).

High prolactin can be normalised by a few different measures. In psych circles low dose abilify (2-5mg) when added can sort it out

@Thaze

Vitamin E is meant to help lower prolactin. Also Abilify (antipsychotic medication) stops it.