Poor attitude towards work?

I have a job as an editor and used to work online as a translator. Both jobs annoy me after a while and now I don’t do the translating job anymore. So my parent keeps nagging at me for my poor work attitude. Is it just that the nature of the work is boring and annoying or is this impatience something that other people with schizophrenia experience as well?

Maybe your job just doesn’t suit you.

I think after time any job can get boring and annoying. I know that after years of working at the same place, facing the same issues, the same people, the same transit ride, day after day… Just the thought of it made me not want to get up in the morning. I was a single mom at the time so I had to do it.

Most people go to work because they need the money, not because they want to. That is why they call it work. If we wanted to go because it was fun, it would be called fun.
That’s why the happiest people are paid for what they love doing.

2 Likes

i don’t think it is a sz thing, everyone i know hates their work…!
take care

1 Like

I love my job…

2 Likes

I like my job it is just better on the weekends.

1 Like

Probably a combination of both. I have worked for quite awhile, and I can’t deny that my schizophrenia occasionally effects me at work. But I have had boring jobs and jobs I didn’t like. I have been one of the best workers at some jobs, I have been one of the worst employees at some jobs. Some jobs I like, some I don’t. To sum it up I would say that everybody is different and experiences schizophrenia in different ways and how it effects them in their life or at work varies from person to person. and varies in intensity and severity.

1 Like