Poll: Would you rather be rich in a poor country, or poor in a rich country?

Suppose we define ‘Rich’ as having a fortune of US$100 million or more and define ‘Poor’ as making US$25,000 or less per year.

I’ll use Germany as an example of a rich country and Ghana as an example of a poor one, though you are certainly not limited to these options.

• Rich in a poor country
  • Poor in a rich country

0 voters

1 Like

I have always wanted to buy my own politician.

:blush:

3 Likes

Poor in a rich country with the opportunity to get wealthier…

For the same qualifications in the West there are more opportunities for work and development. People get peanuts in poorer countries.

I wish modern day slavery would end…

1 Like

The thing is is you were rich you could just buy a plane ticket and move to a rich country :thinking: :smirk: :joy:

Also technically if you gave your fortune away you could be poor in a poor country and be a most blessed human.

3 Likes

In some poor countries the government holds the power and are a coup away from being destitute.

1 Like

I changed my vote to being poor in a rich country.

I would rather be poor in a rich country. My country has abundant food, 24/7 electricity, clean water, free health care. Good transpiration links. Social benefits if you are ill or disabled. I was in Sri Lanka in March and that country lack these things, even if you are rich - if you are rich and only have Sri Lankan Rupees in your bank these can be dismissed with inflation so your money become worthless. The UK has a world class economy and strong currency.

2 Likes

My boyfriend said he would rather be rich in a poor country so that he could help more people.

2 Likes

Better health care in rich countries.

It’s ALWAYS better to be rich. No matter where you are. So, I voted for rich in a poor country.

3 Likes

I voted for being poor in a rich country.

1 Like

Thanks for all the opinions!

This is my reasoning as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.