POLL: would you be more likely to be afraid to reveal that you are bipolar or schizophrenic?

have you ever tried to educate him on what psychosis is?

1 Like

It’s unknown at this point if I have schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder and I’d be more hesitant to disclose a diagnosis of the former simply because I’d have to answer more questions about it since it’s more obscure than bipolar (I had never heard of it before my psychotic break, anyway).

1 Like

There is definitely less stigma surrounding bipolar.

3 Likes

an interesting thought could be.

What if tomorrow they got rid of the diagnostic name schizophrenia and replaced it with Splitmind Disorder, and Bipolar was replaced with OppositeMoods Disorder.

Would you care?

honestly that would be preferable if they changed the names then the stigma fades off a bunch.

Nope same with my mum I haven’t.

I think she thinks I’m actually going to hell when I die. Its really disturbing.

Thanks for da suggestion. Sometimes we need to hear the obvious from someone else in order to do something about something.

1 Like

I think my dad is bipolar. He gets angry easily

Bipolar diagnosis and coming-out is very trendy and fashion. Bipolarity is associated with positive values such as high IQ, creativity, fantasy, strong individuality. Whereas, schizophrenia is associated with negative values such as dangerosity, drug abuse, failed personality, etc…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.