Poll : What's stopping you from doing what you want to do?

• Fear of “something”
  • Lack of energy
  • Lack of motivation
  • Lack of desire
  • Inability to cope with complexity
  • Other
  • Don’t really know

0 voters

2 Likes

I feel slow.

15chars

4 Likes

I guess I got some motivation issues. Like I got all these plans but to carry them out I need motivation which I don’t have, and Unless my wife pushes me and nearly forces me to do some things I won’t do them. But I’ve gotten much better at it recently.

4 Likes

Money , have no money

6 Likes

Low stress tolerance. :frowning:

And anxiety about having another breakdown.

3 Likes

I’m not really sure. I think it may be a combination of things. I know that I lack motivation and energy. I’m not reliable, but I don’t know why.

4 Likes

Most of those options apply, I picked fear because it was first in line.

3 Likes

I was going to choose fear as that is what was stopping me before. But on my meds I just have no desire to do much.

3 Likes

I’m not confident enough in my abilities.

5 Likes

I am doing pretty much everything I want to. I throw myself into everything I want without much thinking.
Sometimes it works out, sometimes it ends horribly because of my limitations due to the illness.

3 Likes

Being super out of shape. Not having a car of my own. Not having money to fund stuff like recording equipment. Don’t have enough space available in my room. Don’t have my own computer. Sold my stereo and vinyl/CDs, so no more collecting. Enough money to live comfortably but not enough for extra stuff. Being too content to let my time just go by.

2 Likes

I have an extreme fear of being alone. I don’t really know why, but it makes my symptoms worse, and it just scares me. Also, I’m scared of driving, so a mixture of not being able to drive alone and being scared of driving itself has made me not get my drivers license yet.

2 Likes

What I want to do is buy more rental property and what keeps me from doing it is super high real estate prices and lack of money.

1 Like

Being overweight
No motivation
Low stress tolerance
That’s my top 3

2 Likes

I said fear because I’m afraid of failure and even more scared that things would work out for a while then lose everything. I just want to buy and resell comic books online…maybe a store but who knows? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lack of focus. I’m supposed to be doing homework but I’m doing something more fun hanging out with you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

ive gotten my ass accepted to college and im planning for that, so i guess i am doing what i want to do for once. fear has been the biggest impediment so far

1 Like

I have no “get up and go!” Its called avolition.

2 Likes

I can’t stand the crowds involved with most of the things I do. But I have lack of motivation too. I just feel so bored with everything all the time. I’m not sure what it is. I put down “fear of something” because I fear crowds, loud noises and getting panic attacks because of the crowds or loud noises.

2 Likes

Lack of motivation for me is a big disability. No ambition either. Content to just stay at home and read books

1 Like