Poll: What will be your next challenge after schizophrenia?

You maintain a steady state of schizophrenia. You are in control of your own mind. Mood may fluctuate from time to time. At this stage, what will be your next challenge?

• Physical health
  • Career
  • Family relationship
  • Money
  • Social responsibility
  • Religion
  • Others (please specify)
5 Likes

I like this poll.

I guess itā€™ll be physical health. Iā€™ve gone too long ignoring it. Iā€™d also like to be independent so career/money is a new priority as well.

1 Like

I chose physical health. I have lost 25 pounds eating only 3 banquet frozen dinners a day plus a PBJ sandwich. works like a charm. I may finally have a chance at reaching my perfect weight some day now.?

1 Like

My aunt just left this morning, she has been staying with us for about a week. In the past I neglected social interaction with my family, lately since feeling better, I am rediscovering my family again - for better or worse
I am also focusing on my physical health more

I said physical health as that is what I need to focus on now. I need to continue losing weight and somehow quit smokingā€¦

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that news. How old was she? May your family bond gets stronger.

I voted ā€œSocial responsibilityā€ because that was the one that seemed to correspond best with getting my house cleaned up, lol. I donā€™t know if itā€™s my Sz or my meds or both but I just canā€™t get myself to clean house. Itā€™s really getting gross! Edit: Oops, now I see ā€œOthersā€ up there.

No @Plumber my aunt left our house this morning, she stayed with us for a week or so - she did not pass away - not yet at least, thank goodness :smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I made a major mistake. I should have read the whole sentence. Thank you for the correction. :sunny:

1 Like

I like the wholistic approach. Thereā€™s a song - ā€˜To turn, to turn twill be our delight, till by turning, turning we come round right.ā€™ These things are important but the most important thing is that you remain a whole and integral person.

1 Like

Yes, it seems to me you have insight on this matter.

This will take me few more decades to match your level of understanding.

Itā€™s taken me a number of decades too. Still not there.

2 Likes

My physical health is fine. In fact rather outstanding. I look like a football player or MMA fighter and lift weights. I quit smoking and have cut way back on the nicarette. I do drink a lot of caffeine though. I want to have an upper-class or upper-middle class income and graduate degree by the age of thirty. Im a junior in school and 21 now. Getting married would be nice, but I will always have my friends. Gay marriage isnt even legal in my state yet anyways- yet. I am not opposed to marrying a woman, I have just not met a woman who is psychologically compatible with me, and I donā€™t expect to, as I am so logical that I show little emotion- I have been told by my psychologist that my lack of expressed emotion is a personality trait and not due to schizophrenia. I am not cold with people, I just am more logical and less emotional. Not absent of emotions. I do get emotions for people once I get to know them. Otherwise, most but not all people are just like robots to me sometimes, they come in stereotypes and are predictable- that is how I see people I just meet until I become friends with them or date them, create some sort of relationship with them. Iā€™ve been told that it is similar to autism or aspergers but not quite.

I was always logical and scientific, even as a child I was scientific and skeptical, which made me get in trouble at the Catholic schools I was sent to. They can kiss my ass, I transferred to an international high school, and today I am on a full ride to college and will graduate with zero debt, and I am a bisexual atheist who some would say sees science as a higher power. The new thing is from religious people is that intelligent atheists ā€œworship scienceā€ and that ā€œscience is their godā€.

Iā€™ve been already working on fixing family ties the best I can. I am in school to get a different job. So I guess work is my next challenge.

2 Likes

I chose others, which is nursing school. Not sure if that should have been under career or not.

1 Like

I like my old poll.

funeral expenses ā€¦ 15 15 15

Hm, right now Iā€™m working on Physical Heath. Iā€™m learning to be more accountable for what and how much I eat. Next step is to learn to be more active, and find some kind of exorcise I donā€™t mind doing.

After that I would say Social Responsibility considering right now I donā€™t even have my best friend any more. (She still hasnā€™t called me since last summer), hasnā€™t paid me back the money I loaned her either. and still mad at how bad she lied to me when she did call Meā€¦so right now the most social activity I get is with my parents. Once a week I go to weight watchers, and sewing class, while I talk a lot with my sewing teacher (whose close to my age) I wouldnā€™t say sheā€™s a friend since we only see each other during class, and Iā€™m basically paying to spend time with her.

I have gotten better with my money, at least I havenā€™t overdrawn myself yet this year (knock on wood). Still living off my SSI check, and parents still pay for a lot (like food and rent and stuff) but one step at a time I guessā€¦stop overspending is my main goal this year.

I do want to get more in-tune with religion Iā€™ve gotten into the habit of not going to church period. I havenā€™t made much progress on my bible reading either, and gotten pretty lax on praying unless I need emotional strength.

Anyway those are my goals right now.

Career I want to try and finish writing one of the three books Iā€™m working on. This would also help with money if I could get them sold. But with so much else going on right now Iā€™ve kind of put writing in the back of my mind.

1 Like

Iā€™m already working on all of these.

1 Like

I think all of those have to do with our sz health so I attempt to work a bit on all of them I do better on some than others

1 Like