Poll: What was your first psychotic symptom?

I answered thought disorder, because it started with OCD type symptoms for me, with obsessive ruminating thoughts and counting, I used to make ‘promises’ to myself, i.e. I promise I will reach that lamppost in 13 steps, and if I got it wrong it was bad luck and I had to correct it twice to balance it out. I also used to obsess about what others thought of me. Looking further back though, I used to hallucinate as a very young child, and I also had mood swings even when primary school age. It’s hard to pinpoint where it started, I honestly think I was born schizophrenic.

It is not a psychotic symptom if you have insight.

No insight.
But I see your point.
It was Delusions for me.

Delusion. I told the crisis counselor I was dead. But I was surprised later to see psychosis nos as my admitting symptom. Never can tell. I thought I was just suicidal.

Delusion. I started reading about mk-ultra in 2001 and as soon as 9/11 happened I started thinking I was being mind controlled and that the neighbor’s white van was actually a gov surveillance van with people monitoring my thoughts. Ran out to check through the windows but I couldn’t see.
Once thought to puncture the tires but then i was like, wait, then they can’t leave the premises, that’s the opposite of what I want, so I just monitored the van frequently from a vantage point inside my uncle’s house.

That was at age 19.

My first symptom was a delusion: surveillance from the Rothschild Family. No insight at the time. It was very real for me.

My first symptom was delusional…I thought the microwave my boss gave me was bugged to try and frame me for a robbery that had happened at his house. I talked and begged my microwave for three years before I became full blown psychotic.

2 Likes

A weird sort of tactile hallucination, starting when I was 15. There were times at a younger age when I thought people could hear my thoughts and I would shout at them telepathically, but I’m not counting that sort of stuff, weird kid stuff. I didn’t become delusional for the first time until I was 23, my first break.

My first delusions were transient and influenced by conspiracy theory videos online. I lost interest in them and was pretty much normal until a year later something triggered an acute episode out of the blue. I went from being completely normal to completely psychotic over the span of a few days.

hey,

None of the above…for me it was insidious Paranoia!

The beginnings were probably ocd if they were noticeable but first psychotic symptoms was sliding into paranoid hell.

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

I actually don’t remember, but my earliest memory is the puppets who lived under the stairs.
Certainly a hallucination.

I’m not sure. Something about Kansas and ruby slippers and midgets or something. It was a frightening delusion.

My first symptom was a paranoid delusion that I was constantly being watched and followed by someone or something.

Idk what age from, but atleast some point in childhood on I had an on again off again delusion that aliens were monitoring me. it came back and became worse and more enduring when i also began hallucinating

1 Like

Paranoid!!! 151515

1 Like

I had extreme confusion, couldn’t think straight, i was out of this world. this was a small wave of psychosis. small delusions followed, another small waves. until the tsunami of first full psychotic episode with auditory hallucinations & delusions & being far from reality.

I became paranoid that I was under surveillance by the Rothschild Family. I thought they had a special power to read minds. I had been reading conspiracy theories about them. And I was full blown psychotic within a matter of minutes…